Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick! RE11 vs Kumho Ecsta XS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yeahmag
Gonna try and get some tires for Sundays PCA event at Cal Speedway. Which is the better tire on the standard 2L rim? I'd been dead set on the XS but am waffling...
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Mar 9 2010, 05:58 PM) *

Gonna try and get some tires for Sundays PCA event at Cal Speedway. Which is the better tire on the standard 2L rim? I'd been dead set on the XS but am waffling...

I've got Ecsta's on my 914 and my Subaru. But I have never tried the RE11 to compare it to.

Zach
yeahmag
Which ECSTA do you have on those cars? I'm specifically after the XS.
Joe Ricard
Both are great, XS is a bit cheaper and would be enough to sway my decision.
Difference in performance would only be by a very good driver (no offense or implication).

Top dog tire is the B-stone.
yeahmag
It seems I can get the RE11 for 5 dollars more than the XS. Does that change your mind?
7TPorsh
I'm getting tires this week too. Pardon my ignorance. Are the re11 bridgestone?

Are you getting these locally? good prices?

I found these Falkens in 1965/60/15 for $53 each local. Any good?

Sorry for partial highjack.

Click to view attachment
yeahmag
I went with the Kuhmo XS for $90 each plus shipping from Tire Rack. My local guys couldn't get them for weeks... I think while the Falken Azenis is a great deal for a street tire it's really showing it's age for a "race" tire. Almost any of the tires in the 200 and lower range will out run it.

I also personally think the 215 was a superior tire compared to the 615...
yeahmag
Wow... What a different car. THIS is the car I thought I was building. Now I can start to tune the suspension and my driving in earnest. It went from having no front or rear bars and still pushing like crazy to actually needing the front bar! Simply amazing the difference these tires made. Now I want more!

What's next you say? Well I plan on adding Evan's old mono-balll top hats and trying to get some more negative camber... Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be trying out his old header too!
BMXerror
How did the event go? I was looking for pictures, but couldn't find any. My SCCA buddy with a yellow GT3 wanted me to come out, but my race budget only covers CSCC Championship events... Couldn't afford it. Links?
Changing the subject slightly, I may get to drive the GT3 soon, because he was impressed that he was beating me by less than a second last weekend. driving.gif aktion035.gif I've ridden in it, and it's a kick in the ass! Hijack over.
Oh yes, and tires make all the difference in the world. When I got my Dunlop Direzzas, it was worth an instant 2 seconds a lap. And with suspension tuning, and more importantly, driver training, I've since shaved another 2 or 3. Glad to hear you're having fun. biggrin.gif
Mark D.
yeahmag
Here's a vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlbMHt2vInQ
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.