Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cat Pee
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
The top is off in the garage, leaning up against the wall. I walk in tonight and find 2 big cat spray marks on the top of the top. mad.gif mad.gif After executing the cat (sorry Clay, it was a gentle and quick death icon8.gif ) , and a trip to the pet store for fox urine, I used..orange soap, windex, foaming upholstry cleaner, and a dab of grease and wax remover, but the spray spots are still there. A big circle spray and lots of small runs down to the ground. I'm afraid they've soaked in beyond sanding.

Has this happened to you and what'd you do or would you do?? hanged.gif
number6
Bill, I don't know about your area, but here, you can't give targa tops away, it seems. So locating a replacement may be good for your sanity. Will probably be less expensive (and time-consuming) than trying all the various cleaner$. Maybe you can then pass your top on to someone who's going to smooth it down for body color matching.

Bummed deal, for sure. Makes me reconsider about getting a cat. Do they all mark?

Good luck!

-duc
underthetire
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Mar 9 2010, 05:07 PM) *

The top is off in the garage, leaning up against the wall. I walk in tonight and find 2 big cat spray marks on the top of the top. mad.gif mad.gif After executing the cat (sorry Clay, it was a gentle and quick death icon8.gif ) , and a trip to the pet store for fox urine, I used..orange soap, windex, foaming upholstry cleaner, and a dab of grease and wax remover, but the spray spots are still there. A big circle spray and lots of small runs down to the ground. I'm afraid they've soaked in beyond sanding.

Has this happened to you and what'd you do or would you do?? hanged.gif

ar15.gif the cat. No, not all of them mark. Might try a baking soda paste left on for a couple hours. Then apply mothers back to black.
porschecb
I hope my 3 female dogs don't try something that! Your cat is welcome here anytime! It won't take long but will be fun to watch! biggrin.gif
john grier
You are in the wrong!
I have had many cats and they have done nothing but walk on the cars and maybe sleep in the interior leaveing cat hair, no problem.
But to execute a cat, idea.gif you should be hanged chair.gif
Shame on you headbang.gif
Why would even think it confused24.gif confused24.gif
chair.gif
tat2dphreak
relax, dude, his wife would kill him if he thought of hurting a cat smile.gif

no they don't all mark, but if a wild cat comes up to a place with domestic cats one might...

baking soda is all I can think man.... there is some stuff that's supposed to work, but I've tried a few of these and they didn't work well... one of our cats got a UTI and peed on the carpet a few times...
bandjoey
It was a figurative death only biggrin.gif
I'll make up a paste of baking soda and leave that on for a couple of days. Good Idea!
oz371
If you had only taken poke.gif Bob Barkers advice.
scotty b
QUOTE(oz371 @ Mar 9 2010, 06:40 PM) *

It's the right thing to do
MDG
Get a bulk bag of cayenne pepper; sprinkle it anywhere you don't want animals to go. Dogs, cats, rabbits, squirrels, skunks, coons . . . they smell it long before they step in it and they leave. Add more as needed.

The whacky old lady who lived next door to me told me to do it. It works.

McMark
what'd you do or would you do??

Spell pee right. biggrin.gif

Pea = yummy
Pee = yucky

Welcome to the 914World spelling bee. poke.gif
bandjoey
QUOTE(MDG @ Mar 9 2010, 09:10 PM) *

Get a bulk bag of cayenne pepper; sprinkle it anywhere you don't want animals to go. Dogs, cats, rabbits, squirrels, skunks, coons . . . they smell it long before they step in it and they leave. Add more as needed.

The whacky old lady who lived next door to me told me to do it. It works.
lol-2.gif

Peas are as yucky as pee icon8.gif
and...

did it keep the old wacky lady away? biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
If you didn't kill the cat, I have a few spare targa tops......

If you did.. I know nothing about any spare targa tops.

biggrin.gif

bandjoey
Cat is alive although feeling despondent for damaging the top. If it won't clean up I'll call you on the top later. Thanks
ME733
......YOUR cat is just giving you some good shop advise, you just don't speek good "cat" yet,.........what he,s saying is when you store the top always face the up side against the wall...that way when you throw the damit hammer across the shop it won't chip the TOP side paint.You should pay attention to your cat more often!!!!!.......................m.m.
zymurgist
QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 9 2010, 09:52 PM) *

QUOTE(oz371 @ Mar 9 2010, 06:40 PM) *

It's the right thing to do

agree.gif

My mom had awful problems with her males until she had them fixed.
sean_v8_914
pet store has stuff called "Natures Miracle" it has an enzime that breaks down teh pee and other animal proteins and oils.
works great on skunk juice also...just ask my dog.
bandjoey
Thanks again. Headed to the pet store in the AM.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Mar 10 2010, 07:31 PM) *

Thanks again. Headed to the pet store in the AM.

I have a big bottle of that too..... :catsmiley:

tod914
If you only attached your battery trickle charger to the roof...
EdwardBlume
A new top... cat piss is like serious stuff... I had some in my old AX car and it took a long time to get it managed...
Dr Evil
You are going about this all wrong. The cat is alive, so you can fix this whole mess. The real problem is that the areas where the pee is is a different color than the non-peed on areas. So, get the cat to pee all over the rest of it to make it match smile.gif

There is also vinyl paint that may color match this. smile.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 10 2010, 08:21 PM) *

You are going about this all wrong. The cat is alive, so you can fix this whole mess. The real problem is that the areas where the pee is is a different color than the non-peed on areas. So, get the cat to pee all over the rest of it to make it match smile.gif

Or you could hang the guilty cat above the top like a pinada and beat smash.gif the piss out of it. Fix your top and get revenge on the cat at the same time. lol-2.gif
tod914
Only one problem with beating the piss out of the cat. The piss is already out.
zymurgist
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 10 2010, 09:21 PM) *

lol-2.gif
EdwardBlume
I'll bet the cat wouldn't pee on a 911! since the 914 is a NARP!
zymurgist
I dunno, I get bird crap on mine all the time.
Sparky
Dont want the cat to pee somewhere? Try this handy little trick: Catch the cat peeing where you dont want it, just hold the cat in place (duct tape works good) pull it out and whiz away on the cat.

lol-2.gif

Just kidding, but hey it might work.
bandjoey
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 10 2010, 08:21 PM) *

agree.gif

Best idea yet. I'm going to tie the lid to the tree so all the neighborhood cats will pee on it until it looks like a Picasso (the artist however he spelled his name).

Can we get a cat icon here or what?
zymurgist
Actually, Pollock was the one whose work looks like cat pee. laugh.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Mar 12 2010, 12:09 AM) *

Can we get a cat icon here or what?

colon-cat-colon cat.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.