Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Donkervoort - the Dutch Super7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeroen
Had a chance to visit the Donkervoort factory yesterday
Donkervoort has been building the very best Super7 for 26 years now

Very clean operation!
The tubeframe chassis weighs only 90#
Total car is in the 1200# region (600kg)
and is available with the Audi 1.8 4 cilinder turbo engine in either 150, 180 or 210bhp trim
Also an Audi 2.8 6 cilinder is an option

Check the pics of the cup-racer... it has pushrod actuated shocks
(shocks on all models are adj. for bounce and rebound)

Also shot some pics of a couple of proto-types they were working on (one is a non-cabriolet)

They are expensive as hell (about twice a DIY kitcar super7) but the build quality is second to none and it's very highest evolution of the Super7 available

Oh... and notice the rear brake caliper!
It's got a cable operated handbrake.

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
Coupe prototype
Jeroen
Coupe prototype
Jeroen
Another proto
Jeroen
rear brake caliper (sorry for the "andy style" pic biggrin.gif)
Jeroen
Cup racer with Audi V6
Jeroen
asdf
Jeroen
asdf
Jeroen
asdf
Jeroen
asdf
ArtechnikA
that rear brake caliper looks a bit like the VW A2 GLI caliper...
Bleyseng
Are you going to buy one in time for my summer visit? I would love to test drive that car, Jeroen.

Geoff wink.gif
Gint
Sweet. Great way to spend a Saturday.
Joe Bob
Are they street legal and/or importable to the US?
PatW
The pictures make my blood boil. The thoughts about driving that beastie.. wacko.gif
Jeroen
They are street legal here in Europe. Dunno what it would take to get them streetlegal in the US (or if possible at all)
Here's the manufacturer's website: www.donkervoort.nl

Geoff, the factory is actually pretty close to where Moniques family lives (Lelystad)

cheers,

Jeroen
Bleyseng
Oh good, I'll make sure I bike over there if its not too far. Cars are hard to borrow even from family. Forget the bike its too far, I'll get a friend in Almere to take me.

Geoff
Rusty
I have an acquaintenance who just finished a Caterham 7 (Lotus 7). I asked for pics, but he doesn't have a digital camera. blink.gif

Anyways... they're pretty cool kit cars. Any relation to the Dutch Super 7?

http://www.uscaterham.com/

-Rusty smoke.gif
Jeroen
Donkervoort actually started out with a Caterham kit 26 years ago
He didn't like the quality and changed many features on it

His results were so good that people started to show interest in his car, so he started building them. Rest is history biggrin.gif

The first couple of years they were available as a kit, but he hated the idea of some hack putting it together and then putting the Donkervoort name to it. So he stopped selling them as a kit.

He made huge improvements over the years (and is basically always developing new/better ideas)

If the Catherham is road legal in the US, the so should a Donkervoort be...

cheers,

Jeroen
Jacco
Heej Jeroen,

did you get the opportunity to drive in one or to get a ride?
I didn't drive one myself but I've been given a ride in one, and boy do these things go!
If you think a 914 is low, this will rock your wourld! boldblue.gif
Too bad my uncle decided it was too scary, so I never got to drive it myself mad.gif
O well who knows, maybe sometime in the future, I'm still young....

by the way, the door mechanism for the coupe is being researched by someone from my faculty, they showed the prototype some time ago in the main hall of our faculty.

greets
Jacco de Haan
Delft, the Netherlands
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.