Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering wheel & horn wire
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EJP914
Does anyone have a fix for repairing the tab or clip on the backside of the horn pad in the center of the steering wheel? I found the wire that comes thru the column laying in the center of the wheel hub with the clip stuck in it - broken off from where it attaches. Would drilling a hole in the aluminum plate and putting a bolt and nut on it to hold the wire work? Car is a '74
Maybe someone has a better idea? Thanks for the advice.
McMark
You can get these types of connectors and rivet it to the plate (it's steel). McMaster-Carr has 'em (thanks for the pic) but only in packs of 100. Try RadioShack.
cwpeden
I installed a digital horn.

You can use any digit you like. Helps keep me from givin people the finger!

Click to view attachment

Seriously, I've got three horn buttons. Two with bust spades and one without. Its the rubber thats the issue. With AX suspension set to med-hard all the time, I drive around honking my horn at every bump in the road.

Try Radioshack or whatever electronics part place you have nearby. They have them in smaller quantities, not always exactly what you need but usualy close.

Conrad
markb
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 9 2010, 08:04 PM) *

You can get these types of connectors and rivet it to the plate (it's steel). McMaster-Carr has 'em (thanks for the pic) but only in packs of 100. Try RadioShack.

agree.gif
914Sixer
You can just get a new steering wheel horn assembly. It is the same as a stock VW Beetle. Look them up on the internet. They run about $30
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.