Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Registration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
McMark
Brett, can you still take the registration money? I'll set up PayPal payments, so I'll need your PayPal email. And your address for the checks people.
ConeDodger
It would be nice, and possibly ward off some critics if we announce a schedule of events at the same time as registration... biggrin.gif
biosurfer1
Shouldn't be a problem, although there could be some changes in my career coming up soon so hopefully that wont get in the way.

We need to be very, very clear in what they need to put in their payment message and how they pay for it. I know paypal is a pain the in ass when it comes to fees. I'm not sure how we want to address that.

I created a paypal for this, money can be sent to 2010WCR@gmail.com. The same address can be given out for any questions people need to email. Should I give a weekly update of the people I have received money from? Should this be private or public?

I'll have to look into what to do about the home address. I don't feel comfortable posting it in a public forum like this.
ConeDodger
Paypal fees on $50 is ??? Maybe we need to include a little Paypal convenience fee?
biosurfer1
According to their website, its a flat 3.5%..however, I have read that if the money is sent as a "gift", the fee's are waived but I haven't been able to confirm that.

Now for my personal fee for collecting the funds, I would be willing to lower it only 10% of the total, but you must act now, supplies are running out!
ConeDodger
The difference between gift and just sending money is that the sender pays the fees.
biosurfer1
Ok, I am now confirmed with paypal...so I can start accepting money.

I will post soon in the garage telling people where to send the money, but I wanted to lock down cost, etc. This is what I have so far:

Cost will be $50 for each person with a 914 and ??? for guests. Paypal will take 3.5% for each payment so do we want to make it $55 or just eat the cost? I will also accept checks but people will have to PM for the address, I don't feel comfortable posting my address in the forum.

This fee will include a nametag for each forum member, BBQ dinner Friday(?) night, a professional driving route, unlimited tech session viewing and a raffle ticket(?).

Feel free to answer the question marks as I'm not sure about some details.

I will post a weekly update of funds here and keep an attendance list in the garage thread. I also created the email address 2010WCR@gmail.com so people can email questions, etc. I will post questions I can't answer in this forum.

Anything else I need to cover?
jcd914
Brett,
It sounds to me like you have the money collection covered. I would suggest we just eat the PayPal fee since it seems to me the we have our costs way down over all.

Is there anything else we are waiting on before we open reg?

Jim

ConeDodger
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Mar 17 2010, 09:42 PM) *

Brett,
It sounds to me like you have the money collection covered. I would suggest we just eat the PayPal fee since it seems to me the we have our costs way down over all.

Is there anything else we are waiting on before we open reg?

Jim

Just a schedule for the event. We have to put at least a tentative event plan out there or we will get a lot more "what do I get for my money" crap... I cite post #263 as an example in the WCR update thread. Simple request really. He wants to know what he is paying for so he knows IF he should bring his wife.

We need to polish that event schedule I put together or rewrite it but something needs to go out with the opening of registration...

We need to all get together or do a phone conference. This is one of the problems with this management model. It takes longer to get things done when authority is spread. We could use a dictator right now biggrin.gif
McMark
The website for signups is ready for checking. Please look, try it out (don't click through to pay), and let me know if I missed any spelling/facts/etc.

http://www.914world.com/wcr_signup.php

I agree it's best to eat the PayPal fees. The Gift setup has restrictions and can be cut-off by PayPal unexpectedly.

I'm working on the schedule now...
biosurfer1
Mark...the only thing I see wrong with that link is if the person doesn't have any dietary requests and leaves it blank, it will come up with an error and doesn't say what it is (it happened to me)...if they simply put "None" in that box, it works fine
McMark
Brett, I couldn't replicate the problem. Can you take a picture of the error if you can get it to do it again. cool.gif
biosurfer1
here it is again...I filled out the form just like normal but didnt put anything in the dietary needs box and it spits me back to this page...
Click to view attachment
McMark
Huh.... blink.gif

Doesn't do that for me. Let's see what's going on...
McMark
Did that fix it?
McMark
Oh, I get it. pinch.gif Fixed for sure!
RoadGlue
Looks awesome! I'm using FF 3.6 on Mac OS X (Snow Kitty) and I can't select a number of guests from the drop down box. It drops down, but offers "0" as the only selection.

What happens if someone completes the registration form but doesn't follow through and actually pay? Who's keeping track of that info and when is the latest date that payment can be sent?

Thanks and great job! Sorry I haven't been of more help. sad.gif
McMark
That form fills up a database. I can then go in and see who's signed up and who's paid. I guess I'll need to coordinate that list with Brett to keep track of who's paid.
McMark
Fixed your problem Randy. biggrin.gif
biosurfer1
I dont know how to see who has signed up, however I will update the "Paid" list here as they roll in. Hopefully that form will fill out peoples name as they pay since I dont know email addresses.
McMark
I'll keep an updated list back here with name, login and email address.
biosurfer1
sounds like we got things covered...i'm ready for the money to start rolling in!
jcd914
After I fill out the reg page and submit, I get the page with the link to PayPal.
On that page it say the hotels for the event is the horizon?

"For payment via check, please contact Brett
The Horizon is the hotel for this event and is now set up to accept reservations.
You need to make your own reservations."

Everything else looks good!

Thanks
Jim

McMark
Whoops! I'll fix that tomorrow.
McMark
Fixed. cool.gif
biosurfer1
If we are ready, can someone try and send me money though Mark's form and actually go through paying? I want to see how it comes out through paypal. I have tried a couple times and it keeps giving me an error that I can't send money to myself since my account is linked to both paypal addresses.
McMark
Got someone on it now.
McMark
You should have the first payment from Jason Moore.
McMark
And I think we all should be free. tongue.gif
biosurfer1
Received the payment no problem...I will also be keeping the money in the paypal account until we need it. We wont be making any interest on it but honestly, B of A is paying .5% right now so its nothing and it will help us get an accurate number on how much money we have.
ConeDodger
So, if we have worked out the bugs and we have a schedule even if it is bare bones, what do ya'll say we post the schedule and the registration in a new thread and start pumping this thing up?
jcd914
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 19 2010, 11:02 AM) *

I like Free!

QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Mar 19 2010, 11:19 AM) *

Received the payment no problem...I will also be keeping the money in the paypal account until we need it. We wont be making any interest on it but honestly, B of A is paying .5% right now so its nothing and it will help us get an accurate number on how much money we have.

As far as money management goes you can do as you please so long as it is transparent (if you skip with the money we want to know when, where and how much) smile.gif

Keep it simple and easy on yourself, no need for extra complications.

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 19 2010, 11:58 AM) *

So, if we have worked out the bugs and we have a schedule even if it is bare bones, what do ya'll say we post the schedule and the registration in a new thread and start pumping this thing up?

I don't know of any reason why not.

We can always additional details latter as needed.

Who all will be at the Sac Reunion tomorrow?
I plan on it.

Jim
McMark
Posted the info! aktion035.gif

I won't be there tomorrow. Got a customer coming by and then working on the Limo. welder.gif
biosurfer1
i'll probably swing by but not for long. my parents are in town but i promised Rob I'd bring my rear calipers to him.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 19 2010, 10:02 AM) *

Agreed. What about our +1 or in my case +2?
McMark
Fine with me. I think we'll be fine on $.
ConeDodger
Agreed then. In that case, Brett list me +2 as registrants.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Mar 19 2010, 01:52 PM) *

i'll probably swing by but not for long. my parents are in town but i promised Rob I'd bring my rear calipers to him.

Brake bleeder too if you remember. I have to do the 4Runner soon. Looks kinda black!
biosurfer1
Randy, Jim and Mark...how many shall I put you guys down for??
McMark
ONE! cool.gif
RoadGlue
Probably just one, though Sylvie may come up for a day or two. It's up in the air at the moment due to work scheduling.

Thanks Brett!
biosurfer1
randy, I'll just put you down for a plus 1...hope she can come
jcd914
I am a 1 +1 although she may come up latter than I do. She may have to work.
I did fill out a registration form accurately.

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.