Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1966 Porsche 904/6 GTS Price: Price upon request
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom_T
drooley.gif wub.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Any takers!?
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=917159
Tom_T
Also check out their garage website & other Porsches under their other items listed on Samba, such as this 917 K81:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=921158
blink.gif wub.gif w00t.gif
proto31
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 9 2010, 11:14 PM) *

Also check out their garage website & other Porsches under their other items listed on Samba, such as this 917 K81:

Seriously, tennis balls for carb covers...
Tom_T
QUOTE(proto31 @ Mar 10 2010, 12:17 AM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 9 2010, 11:14 PM) *

Seriously, tennis balls for carb covers...

Seems odd, but look at old pre/post race photos from back in the day ...... tennis balls were common in the throats. I think these guys used NOS tennis balls though! biggrin.gif
carr914
I Got Balls

Click to view attachment
jcambo7
av-943.gif
lotus_65
wub.gif
nsr-jamie
incredible cars! If I only had the money to afford em...still love looking at the pics, the 904 is one of the most beautiful cars ever made ever.
914Sixer
I remember reading the article in Road and Track in 1963 about the 904. They were a mere $8,500. Ah, the good old days!
ME733
.......TOM............The 904 KIT CAR ....constructed with an exact frame design, is a .S-H-I-T load less expensive....and has all NEW PARTS.....and you could drive it without puking your guts out at every intersection...You know ...waiting for the red light runnuing- drugged /perkoset taking , blue haired, old hag painlessly rickochaing around the universe unaware she is out to kill somebody......Murray.
zymurgist
QUOTE(ME733 @ Mar 10 2010, 07:29 AM) *

.......TOM............The 904 KIT CAR ....constructed with an exact frame design, is a .S-H-I-T load less expensive....and has all NEW PARTS.....and you could drive it without puking your guts out at every intersection...You know ...waiting for the red light runnuing- drugged /perkoset taking , blue haired, old hag painlessly rickochaing around the universe unaware she is out to kill somebody......Murray.

agree.gif

Or a replica 550 or Speedster. Plus, you can put a Subaru engine in it and not incur the wrath of the CWs! driving.gif
Eric_Shea
What... no radio? slap.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 10 2010, 03:05 AM) *

TC - verse from the old Rugby 3rd Half song (sung to the theme song from 60's/70's? movie: "Bridge over River Quay"):

"... HITLER....has only got one ball! .....
...... HIMMLER....has two, but very small! ......
....... But poor ol' Goobles....has none at all!!!"
lol-2.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(ME733 @ Mar 10 2010, 04:29 AM) *

Heck Murry - I'll be doing that once my good ole 914S is finished & on the road again anyway, with what $$$$$$$'s I'm pouring into it! blink.gif

Besides - when they say "Price upon request" - I know it's NOT in my range, plus - carrying on with the "fuzzy balls" discussion above - I'd like to keep mine & am sure the wife would "relieve me" of them if I went for something like that 904! laugh.gif

I'm sure all of this groups cars go to museums and serious "I don't drive my cars" collectors, but it makes nice eye candy anyway!

HEY ALL - did y'all notice that they have down-loadable free posters of these cars at their website!!?? Download yourselves some! drooley.gif wub.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Mar 10 2010, 06:36 AM) *

agree.gif

Or a replica 550 or Speedster. Plus, you can put a Subaru engine in it and not incur the wrath of the CWs! driving.gif

NO WATER!!!!

Maybe a Beck repli-550 - to stay mid-engined - with a super HP/TQ Jake Raby 2270 to cruise around town & country & XC in to make me a happy camper!!?? driving.gif biggrin.gif

... but then again, there's that wife & fuzzy balls factor to consider! unsure.gif
ChicagoPete
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Mar 10 2010, 08:36 AM) *

agree.gif

Hell, skip the Beck 550 and go with the Beck 904!!! I have seen his in person at Road America and it is awesome!

http://www.beck904.com/

Having met Chuck and seen his shop, and having seen him run his Lister replica the 904 replica probably has plenty of balls, no need for tennis balls NOS or not.

Somewhere in the list of videos on that site he is blowing by a Cobra in his 904. The guy is incredibly talented and incredibly crazy.

Peter
EdwardBlume
It must be "dream big" Wednesday! beer.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(ChicagoPete @ Mar 10 2010, 02:44 PM) *

QUOTE(zymurgist @ Mar 10 2010, 08:36 AM) *

agree.gif

Hell, skip the Beck 550 and go with the Beck 904!!! I have seen his in person at Road America and it is awesome!

http://www.beck904.com/

Having met Chuck and seen his shop, and having seen him run his Lister replica the 904 replica probably has plenty of balls, no need for tennis balls NOS or not.

Somewhere in the list of videos on that site he is blowing by a Cobra in his 904. The guy is incredibly talented and incredibly crazy.

Peter

In "sunny" SoCal & near the coast = Beach ~ I prefer the open top to cruise! shades.gif

However - even if a hard top - I love the 904's styling & always did since I was a teen when it came out! wub.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(RobW @ Mar 10 2010, 02:48 PM) *

It must be "dream big" Wednesday! beer.gif

Rob - more like "Oooo - lookie, lookie - late-late Tuesday nite!" laugh.gif
904svo
I got this, does it count.
Click to view attachment
Tom_T
QUOTE(904svo @ Mar 10 2010, 03:09 PM) *

I got this, does it count.
Click to view attachment

drooley.gif wub.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.