Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Now look what I've done...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
The donor car was towed away today.

3.5 days start to finish, including sorting and boxing, there was nothing left of any value...you should see my side yard biggrin.gif

My sawzall was the happiest I've seen in a long time....

I learned that the early doors are 21 lbs lighter than the later doors with the side beams. Wow they were heavy, but I sure would want them in a crash.

I learned that its better to buy the restoration Design trunk floor...its not worth it to cut it from a donor, as much as I tried...
JeffBowlsby
With Brads encoragement, I also now own an 8mm hex wrench...the front susp came out very easy, to my surprise. I love the basic simplicity of these german cars...

COME AND GET IT MIKEEEEE
JeffBowlsby
So what is wrong with this picture? This is the pass side where the engine bay fire was...no wonder the car rode low on that side...
URY914
I've heard stories about leaving your car in East LA unattended but man, that is picked clean! ohmy.gif

After stripping my car down, it is amazing the amount of work it took to build these things. With the wiring and nuts/bolts and screws that can't be reached with the human hand.
Bleyseng
HEY! I still see parts on that car. Take off the targa pad and sides unless its cracked to no end. Looks like that spring got too hot and lost its temper!
Yes, its fun to take apart the car as it comes apart pretty easy. The unibody is a work of art to behold once you start looking at all the pieces welded together. That is where the labor was because the rest of the car looks pretty easy to bolt together.
What are you selling??
Geoff
JeffBowlsby
The Targa bar pad was toast and the B pillar pads were glued down solid. Believe me there was nothing left...every nut botl, spring, body panel....The rear window was not worth saving...

I used to hear that the lowriders heated their springs to lower their cars....usually with mixed results.

Selling most everything...what do you need? email me privately please....

bowlsby@aol.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.