Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight Adjustment?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
How do you adjust reassembled headlights back down to deck height?

OR what did I do wrong?

Jerry75914
QUOTE(RobW @ Mar 10 2010, 06:09 PM) *

OR what did I do wrong?

Hi Rob,

I have absolutely no idea... but is that your Dad's car? Looks like purty shiny new paint!

-Jerry smilie_pokal.gif
Dave_Darling
When you open or close the headlights, do they go all the way to what you think is the "normal" closed position, then go back up again? If so, you need to re-position the linkage arm on the motor.

If this is as far down as the light goes, then you need to loosen up the whole assembly and tilt it in place. There are a number of bolts and/or allen screws that hold it in place; you can get some adjustment out of them if you loosen things up.

--DD
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Jerry75914 @ Mar 10 2010, 06:57 PM) *

OR what did I do wrong?

Hi Rob,

I have absolutely no idea... but is that your Dad's car? Looks like purty shiny new paint!

-Jerry smilie_pokal.gif

Yep... come by and see her when you're out this way... how's your 914 program going?
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 10 2010, 06:58 PM) *

When you open or close the headlights, do they go all the way to what you think is the "normal" closed position, then go back up again? If so, you need to re-position the linkage arm on the motor.

If this is as far down as the light goes, then you need to loosen up the whole assembly and tilt it in place. There are a number of bolts and/or allen screws that hold it in place; you can get some adjustment out of them if you loosen things up.

--DD

Thanks Dave.. its the latter.... it is off the same height throughout the rotation.... So loosen the bar bracket? shove it down into place? It kinda seems to like where it is, but its almost an inch too high... odd...
Jerry75914
QUOTE(RobW @ Mar 10 2010, 07:00 PM) *

OR what did I do wrong?

Hi Rob,

-Jerry smilie_pokal.gif

Yep... come by and see her when you're out this way... how's your 914 program going?

I'd love to! Post us some pics as you go along too!
I'm getting my tranny sorted out with Dr Evil's help. I had the ill luck of needing an ultra thin intermediary gasket...so it was whining really bad. The good Dr. sent me the thinnest gasket he had, which helped, but it's still there, so now we're swappin' guts into a new case biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 10 2010, 06:58 PM) *

If this is as far down as the light goes, then you need to loosen up the whole assembly and tilt it in place.

agree.gif

The damp one is right. If this is the lowest position on the motor, you losen the whole light assembly on the sides and move it where it needs to be, then fasten again.

You should also losen the 3 bolts on the motor so it can move with the light assembly. (But keep the "arm" tight on the motor shaft) ...

bye1.gif Andy
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Jerry75914 @ Mar 10 2010, 07:08 PM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Mar 10 2010, 07:00 PM) *

OR what did I do wrong?

Hi Rob,

-Jerry smilie_pokal.gif

I'd love to! Post us some pics as you go along too!
I'm getting my tranny sorted out with Dr Evil's help. I had the ill luck of needing an ultra thin intermediary gasket...so it was whining really bad. The good Dr. sent me the thinnest gasket he had, which helped, but it's still there, so now we're swappin' guts into a new case biggrin.gif

Do you need a surrogate tranny in the short term to borrow? I have a Dr Evil (SJ storm) rebuild in box here...
EdwardBlume
Thanks Andy, Dave and Jerry!

DanT
looking good Rob biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.