Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75-76 turn signal switch same as 924?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Justinp71
I was told that the 75-76 turn signal switch is the same as a 924 (I think 77-80), has anyone tried this before?

Here is one on ebay, they look they same. Same pin connector...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...SIF:MOTORS:1123
Drums66
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Mar 11 2010, 08:26 AM) *

I was told that the 75-76 turn signal switch is the same as a 924 (I think 77-80), has anyone tried this before?

Here is one on ebay, they look they same. Same pin connector...

they sure do(look the same) I know there are other componants that are
common between cars......such as

1. Ljet aar
2. ignition switch

But.......I'm not going to tell you it will work in case it.......... blowup.gif

P.S. that car is becoming rare!!(924)
jt914-6
I know that a 924 WIPER switch will work on a 914. It gives you the feature that when you pull back on the stem it gives you 12v to a wire for a 12v washer pump.
jim_hoyland
Yup: nice upgrade for the washer. I installed one 10 years ago and works great.
veltror
does anybody know the Actual part number off the aforementioned wiper switch...
Mark Henry
That ebay 924 switch's part number starts with 111 xxx xxx which makes it a standard VW part.

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?Pr...C-111-953-513-F
TheCabinetmaker
The 924 switch also has the capabilities of intermittent wipers, if I remeber correctly.
76-914
popcorn[1].gif
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 11 2010, 03:36 PM) *

Yup: nice upgrade for the washer. I installed one 10 years ago and works great.

Hey Jim, You used this same one? Did you retain the intermitant wiper feature after the change out? Any info on the wiring changes. I've read Andy's article but I need to replace my assembly anyway (it sticks). popcorn[1].gif
bdstone914
I think the only visible difference is that the 924 turn signal switch has one one rider for the horn.

Functionally interchangable.

Bruce
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 13 2010, 09:10 AM) *

I think the only visible difference is that the 924 turn signal switch has one one rider for the horn.

Functionally interchangable.

Bruce

My 75 has only one. Also, the detent for the intermitant wiper is on the column, just have to knock it out.
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Mar 13 2010, 08:27 AM) *

My 75 has only one. Also, the detent for the intermitant wiper is on the column, just have to knock it out.

O.K., not trying to steal the thread here, but let me get this intermittent wiper thing straight.

I have a '75. I live in the PNW where rain is in the form of mist 200+ days a year... headbang.gif My car currently does NOT have an intermittent wiper position. What's the scoop on getting that to work?? Where does the relay plug in for this upgrade?? I really, REALLY want intermittent wipers. . . Help a brutha out. . .
TheCabinetmaker
I think theres a thread or tech article about it on the bird board.
dangrouche
http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...tric_washer.htm
Pelican lists 111-953-519G

the start of this email lists 111-953-519F.

I want to do this project, but which one is it? There's one on ebay right now, but its number is 111-953-513-FMY, so is the ebay one the right one? cuz its $28 delivered.

76-914
QUOTE(dangrouche @ Mar 14 2010, 06:19 PM) *

I want to do this project, but which one is it? There's one on ebay right now, but its number is 111-953-513-FMY, so is the ebay one the right one? cuz its $28 delivered.
popcorn[1].gif
I hope Mark was right because I ordered the F model tonite. I guess I'll find out!
Krieger
Based on information here I found a few years ago I bought PN 111953519H plugged it in and got nothing but burnt fuses. This PN is for 72-73 Beetle, Ghia and type 3. The part mentioned in this post, with a different pn, is for 72-79 Beetle, 72-74 Ghia/ type 3. Does any body have an insight to why this won't work on my 75, or how to make it work?
76-914
icon_bump.gif
QUOTE(Krieger914 @ Mar 14 2010, 07:54 PM) *

Based on information here I found a few years ago I bought PN 111953519H plugged it in and got nothing but burnt fuses. This PN is for 72-73 Beetle, Ghia and type 3. The part mentioned in this post, with a different pn, is for 72-79 Beetle, 72-74 Ghia/ type 3. Does any body have an insight to why this won't work on my 75, or how to make it work?

Mine is due any day now and would like to avoid blowing any fuses.......anyone????
Justinp71
Well, I ordered the one I showed in post #1, its exactly the same. Except for a few things, #1 the seller put a turn signal switch made in CHINA in a Meyle box, #2 the wiring colors are different, but the actual wiring is the same.

I knew it was made in China bc the seller put a white sticker on it, that said made in china and the original Meyle sticker was broken. I'm pretty upset about this, DO NOT buy from QandE autoparts. You can tell that it is also sub-par quality (kind of ironic compared to the sellers name)

Instead for another $10, I'd probably by this one. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-BUG-GHIA...sQ5fAccessories

I put it in anyways and at first, the pass blinker kept blinking when the turn signal indicator was neutral, after about 20 mins I found that the prongs were about 2-3 mm longer on the new model and if I pulled the connector out about that much the pass blinker stopped... very weird. After I got things together it appeared to work ok, except if I turned the pass blinker on to fast it would blink and stop, I think I am going to return it to the seller and buy the one above...
Justinp71
QUOTE(dangrouche @ Mar 14 2010, 06:19 PM) *

The -G is for the windshield wipers, the -F is for the blinkers, not sure what the difference between -f and -fmy is though.
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Mar 18 2010, 10:34 AM) *

The -G is for the windshield wipers, the -F is for the blinkers, not sure what the difference between -f and -fmy is though.

The "my" is the maker which in this case is Meyle.

76-914
Well Horseshit. I just realized I ordered a 513F instead of the 519F. Wonder if I can ship it back for less than the $12 they chg'd me for shipping?
jt914-6
QUOTE(dangrouche @ Mar 14 2010, 09:19 PM) *

The number I have for the 924 wiper switch is 111-953-519-G. As I remember the washer power wire needs to be relocated so it goes eaiser into the steering colum.
76-914
I just converted to the pump and it works great. My pump arrived Friday and rather than wait for the wrong switch which I ordered I decided to wire it Andy's way. It works great! I still have the issue with the turn signal not returning but after reading about blown fuses I said screw it, I'll live with it! PS I used a Trico brand pump. The only problem I encountered was the original "T" fitting wouldn't let water pass so I replaced it w/ a barbed T. The new spray jets took a little adjusting, also. Anyone need a 513F?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.