Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original Vinyl? Is this it?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
This has the rough leather look - sorta a. Do you think it's original material?
underthetire
Not for my 73. Most of the non basket weave stuff is pretty smooth grain.
Tom_T
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Mar 11 2010, 06:24 PM) *

This has the rough leather look - sorta a. Do you think it's original material?

NOPE !!!! dry.gif

That's the rollbar vinyl & not even close for ANY year 914! .... that's some sore of rough cowhide look stuff from who knows where!? confused24.gif

OEM was more of a fine pebble/sand texture, & is still available from Porsche IIRC, as well as pretty good repro material in kits/pieces for the top & 2 sails from CAMP914, AA, PP, etc. smile.gif

Wonder what happened to the Vinyl-Cow that lost that piece of it's skin though!? I'll bet it's vinyl steaks were tough!!!! laugh.gif
bandjoey
Thanks. I'll look at camp.
McMark
agree.gif It's wrong. Should look pebbled, not veined.
914Sixer
That is Ford LeVant grain top material. I recognize if from the 70's when I was a top installer at Origi-Quip. Mostly used on Mustangs.
jonferns
I used the kit from CAMP914 and it matches the original vinyl pretty well. Should be a very fine grain like this

IPB Image
McMark
biggrin.gif
xperu
Hi Bill, I have the side vinly form a kit, I only used the bar top vinly; your welcome to the new sail trim, if you pay shipping. Mike
bandjoey
QUOTE(xperu @ Mar 12 2010, 12:31 PM) *

Hi Bill, I have the side vinly form a kit, I only used the bar top vinly; your welcome to the new sail trim, if you pay shipping. Mike

Sending a PM> Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.