Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxster monoblocks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
echocanyons
are the two ports on the top of the caliper for venting? Do I run my brake line to the one on the side?
Brad Roberts
Your brake line enters the left side of the pic. They installed a bleeder to keep crap out during shipping.

Those look like Boxster rears.

B
echocanyons
Yup those are rears.

Thanks Brad
Qarl
I believe you are supposed to run Boxster fronts on all four corners.
echocanyons
I will be running rears on the back.

what are the downfalls of this?
seanery
they use the same pads, but the rears have smaller pistons. I have the boxster rears on the back of bluecar.
Qarl
I may have been wrong on this. 914 deprivation is setting in.
seanery
I'm sure you could probably run fronts all the way around with an adjustable prop valve. It may give more adjustment than fronts/rears.
echocanyons
rear pads are smaller, I tested the adapters with the fronts on the rears and they mount the same, both fronts and rear calipers will work when mounted on the rear with the rear adapter.

lemme get a picture...
echocanyons
not much difference maybe a quarter inch more area on the fronts.
echocanyons
fronts
echocanyons
rear
seanery
hmm...I was wrong...musta been confused with 944t stuff.
Andyrew
Ya 944 T calipers are same front and back..

Hmm monoblocks..

Whats the deal with putting big brakes on WHEN you get a high hp engine?

Why wouldnt you need it if you have a non high hp engine?

My question for this is are my A calipers front and stock calipers back going to be enough for when I have 250hp? Or do I need to "borrow" some 951 calipers.. (hehehe)

Ah shoot I hijacked a thread..

Andrew
seanery
speed is speed. Regardless if it is generated by a big 6 or a stock 4. If you don't change your driving style/speed you won't need 'em. I put 944t/boxster on bluecar, but it's a track only car, and I did it for confidence. I know it's overkill, but it'll make me more comfortable.
Brad Roberts
Ya 944 T calipers are same front and back

Not true. They are the same external size but they have different sized pistons just like the Boxster calipers and Big reds.

B
Andyrew
Are you sure? Dad says at least the early turbo's have the same pads...
Oh, nevermind..

I learn something new every day.

Andrew
Brad Roberts
Same pads... different sized pistons. Two different part numbers for front and rear.

You should be around some time when a 914 owner comes to me with his own 944T calipers and asks me to install them and I look them over and ask him how much he paid. He then tells me and I ask him if he knows he bought REARS and not fronts... they normally get REAL pissed off quickly. You have to know what you are looking for when purchasing used parts.

B
Andyrew
If they do the job.. then why be mad...

Ya. I would buy front and rears.. but I think I need my Ebrake.

Hmm that reminds me I need to rebuild my rear brakes and get some pads..

Shoot, anyone know of a shop that needs work in modesto for underaged, hands on teenager?

I need a job.

Thanks for the info
Brad Roberts
They are mad because the fronts have MUCH bigger pistons than the rears... but they dont know the difference. The rears are not much better than a stock Carrera front caliper.

B
Andyrew
Which caliper would be the max for a 2100 lb 914 (im conservative..) with 225 tires? Because there is a point where its just the brag factor..

Andrew
Brad Roberts
I'm the wrong person to ask. I have yet to find the failure point in stock calipers unless the 914 has a all iron V8 in it. Then I can make them fade in less than two jaunts to 125mph and back to 55mph quickly.

B
Rusty
Damn, those are sexy.

Which caliper would be the max for a 2100 lb 914 (im conservative..) with 225 tires? Because there is a point where its just the brag factor..

On a street car, the stock brakes, properly maintained, are more than sufficient. I had some issues with Elwood after I rebuilt all 4 calipers, but replacing the M/C fixed that.

It's all about keeping the system clean and functioning correctly.

But, damn.. those are sexy. wub.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.