Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 904 seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rav914
Since I'm not completely pleased with my Sheel seat, I'm always looking for alternatives. I found this picture of a 904 seat. Almost looks like a modified 914 seat doesn't it? It looks comfortable. Anyone have a Speedster bucket seat in theirs? Thoughts?

agentblr
They are comfortable IMO. Very similar to speedster seats. Try www.fibersteel.com/OldSite/Seats.htm
flat4tom
If you'd ever like to sell that Scheel seat - shoot me some pics of it - I might be your guy. I had a set of them in a different car in the '80s and loved wub.gif them!

Regards,
Tom
scotty b
Corbeau classic 2 is another nice one that is similar to the 904 and 914 GT seat. Lot cheaper too shades.gif Probably won't fit into the backpad though sad.gif
Rav914
Good tip on Fibersteel. Beautiful stuff.

Look at this seat. It's a reproduction 550 seat. I bet you could modify a 914 seat to look very similar.....
sixnotfour
A guy in a pink shirt made these from a 914 seat;
http://www.roadglue.com/forum/showpost.php...p;postcount=189

also hers abunch of different styles;
http://www.classiccarseats.com/
ahdoman
Here's mine after I re-worked them. I used copper pipe for the frame then cut 3/4" plywood to fill the gap between the pipe and the stock seat then glassed over the whole thing.

Here's the before shot;

Click to view attachment

Here it is in the car. I cut off the headrest to emulate the 356 seats. My headrest is now attached to my harness bar.

Click to view attachment
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(ahdoman @ Mar 12 2010, 08:47 PM) *

Here's mine after I re-worked them. I used copper pipe for the frame then cut 3/4" plywood to fill the gap between the pipe and the stock seat then glassed over the whole thing.

Here's the before shot;

Click to view attachment

Here it is in the car. I cut off the headrest to emulate the 356 seats. My headrest is now attached to my harness bar.

Click to view attachment

Very nice work. Looks like you used 1/2 inch soft copper for the framework ? After you glassed it all in are the side extension pieces stiff enough to handle getting in and out of the car ? I may have to " borrow " your idea.
Mark Henry
This has me thinking on a custom seating project, as I'd love to turn my car into a 3 seater because I've got 2 kids.
codices
QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 12 2010, 04:02 PM) *

Corbeau classic 2 is another nice one that is similar to the 904 and 914 GT seat. Lot cheaper too shades.gif Probably won't fit into the backpad though sad.gif

Had two in my last "teener." Will not fit into the backpad but are otherwise comfortable and a reasonable price.

Dave
ME733
QUOTE(Rav914 @ Mar 12 2010, 07:48 PM) *

Good tip on Fibersteel. Beautiful stuff.

Look at this seat. It's a reproduction 550 seat. I bet you could modify a 914 seat to look very similar.....

...............just a note of intrest, the original 550 seats were made in aluminum.,and were slightly smaller and narrower than a speedster seat., the reproduction 550,s I have driven were UNCOMFORTABLE as hell...the seats are too narrow., a speedster seat(they were made in steel,lots of nice breathing holes, without any padding is what I used for years. a padded speedster seat is also UNCOMFORTABLE it,s also too narrow....The 914 OEM seat is just right....MM
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.