Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finishing putty
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeffdon
Well, the motor goes back in soon and its back to paint prep. Whats the best glazing putty for filling scratches, pinholes, etc?
914GT
I use Evercoat MetalGlaze.
Mark Henry
Evercoat is OK, other peeps will have their favorites, just make sure it's a 2-part putty and not that crappy red lacquer glaze crap.
jeffdon
I see they have a few two part putties. Quantum, Metal Glaze and Easy Sand. Comments?
IronHillRestorations
You need to get advice from Scotty and Rick, those two guys have tons of experience.

Personally, I try and be careful with deep scratches in the metal, and sand as much out as you can. I don't care what you use, after a few months, or years, the putty will shrink some and the scratches will eventually show up.
scotty b
Evercoat good smile.gif Mark is right about the one part glazing putty. CRAP IN A TUBE ! NEVER EVER use that sh*t
toon1
I used ever coat glazing putty and filler.... good stuff.

It was recommended by every body man I talked to

Just my .02
thomasotten
It is nice to use a filler that dries quick once mixed. I think i used evercoat.
Katmanken
Tried a lot of body filler products and I like Evercoat the best. After removing filler from my cars and finding rust underneath, I researched the products and found most were porous.

Evercoat was the only brand that I could find that was waterproof. Not all products, but some. Reading the cans can reveal which is which. The waterproof ones contain styrene and that might be the magic ingredient. Bought a can, tried it and was hooked. Foud out later it was a local product and made about 3 miles from my house.

Tried the finishing putty years ago. Mine came in a plastic squeeze container with bellows. It was similar to the filler but much thinner, and flowed out easily. Not sure if that was the same Evercoat product that you are looking at because they seem to change the product lines around every few years or so.

Yup, the red laquer crap in a tube is a must avoid.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.