Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine drop at Joe's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
I am finished the kitchen renovation Saturday in the new house and I will be focused on getting my car back on the road. Plan is to drop the engine on Tuesday evening and pull the troubled head. I will take pics and probably need some advise, hopefully i could get the parts needed and or fix the problem and be back to my daily driver. driving.gif biggrin.gif

this is the thread that parked it

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...02994&st=40
VaccaRabite
Did you get your 2.0 yet? I might be able to help Tuesday.
jsayre914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 12 2010, 02:04 PM) *

Did you get your 2.0 yet? I might be able to help Tuesday.

pray.gif Please

i will call him, what time should i tell him??

pray.gif pray.gif
VaccaRabite
On Tues I'd be getting up to York ~4ish. I might be free to help tonight after Theo goes to bed too - but will have to check that with Erin after I get home.
Zach
Dr Evil
Joe, I am thinking that since your car keeps having problems with the same cylinder that you probably have a collapsed register and that would mean you need the block taken to a shop to have it fixed. I think it is time to start the 2270 build as you can not fix the collapsed register by simply throwing parts at it. But, what do I know? rolleyes.gif
jsayre914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 12 2010, 06:38 PM) *

Joe, I think it is time to start the 2270 build as you can not fix the collapsed register by simply throwing parts at it. But, what do I know? rolleyes.gif

Its a 2056 build chair.gif

does that mean you are comming over grouphug.gif
VaccaRabite
I can come over Saturday after Theo's swim lesson (like noonish) if you are free.

Zach
Dr Evil
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Mar 12 2010, 06:50 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 12 2010, 06:38 PM) *

Joe, I think it is time to start the 2270 build as you can not fix the collapsed register by simply throwing parts at it. But, what do I know? rolleyes.gif

Its a 2056 build chair.gif

does that mean you are comming over grouphug.gif

Nope. I have homework and garage work to do this weekend.
jsayre914
Zach,

Tues evening is confirmed for 2.0 pickup, let me know, if not, thats OK cause i will harrass my old neighbor to help me lift it.

beerchug.gif

and the kitchen is DONE smoke.gif
VaccaRabite
I'll be there after work Tues.
Zach
Dr Evil
I'll see if I show. I will be working on either the bus or the Suby. I need to get another vehicle up.
jsayre914
Thanks guys
beerchug.gif

and if you want to do somthing totally different...

I am taking the girls roller skating Tues at 10am right next to my house, they have been waiting for this since i took them for the first time few weeks ago. LOL

its almost more fun than working on the car biggrin.gif
VaccaRabite
I enjoy being employed. 10am on a Tuesday would put that in dire peril.

Zach
jsayre914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 14 2010, 07:23 PM) *

I enjoy being employed. 10am on a Tuesday would put that in dire peril.

Zach

Just tell your boss the truth...

"i had to go roller skating" biggrin.gif beer3.gif
jsayre914
So, bunch of #$%^ happend that hinderd the engine drop,

contractor never showed up to replace bathroom floor. he was supposed to show up monday morning and i had already removed the toilet and vanity, and blead the radiator. Guy never showes up, never even called, had no intention of doing the work at all

WTF.gif fighting19.gif

anyway, i am at work unknowing my wife has gone into the garage to get my hammer, crowbar, and sledge hammer laugh.gif I get home to find this...
Click to view attachment

Zach showes up to get my 2.0 engine left at my old house (THANKS ZACH)!! and then stays for 4 hours to help me finish the bathroom.

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
few more pics (of the engine drop)
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

10 min job av-943.gif

p.s. the toilet was put down 1am this morning, and the vanity will be back up and running tonight, little caulk then.....

... Engine drop at Joe's beer3.gif
ghuff
Looks like now you can drop some kids off at the pool.

championgt1
av-943.gif
VaccaRabite
Alls well that ends well. Have fun taking the browns to the superbowl.

I had a good time, playing with the girls and getting to visit for a little while. I did not even get in trouble for getting home later then I thought. smile.gif We will get the engine sooner then later. I'd say I come over this weekend to help, but I fully intend to spend Saturday balancing my carbs and driving MY 914. smile.gif I want to get it out of the project bay, so that I can consider moving the truck into the project bay for its own engine swap.

Zach
EdwardBlume
Nice work on the bathroom. It feels good when things get done...
Katmanken
Nice job on the bathroom. I always liked that old style hex tile.

Hope you saved some cash by doing it that way. That's cash for 914 repairs or some beer for you and Zach.

Zach, thanks for helping out. It takes a special person to do that.
jsayre914
Engine is on the garage floor drunk.gif

Now i will disect the drivers side head tonight and I will report back here tomorow..

popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.