Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking up an old car I use to own:
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Root_Werks
I found the guy who has my old blue (T.C.'s owned it as well) steel topped 914-6. Really nice guy in NV likes it and won't sell it back to me. biggrin.gif

Anywhoo, looking to see if I can track down another 914 I use to own. I could wait until I get home and look through old paperwork, but wondering if I can look up current owner by plate number?

Been doing the google thing, but costs bucks. Not really worth it since the info I have at home is free.

Ideas anyone?
Root_Werks
Not this one:

Root_Werks
This one: (I have the plate number handy)
PeeGreen 914
No clue...

but hi Dan bye1.gif
Tom_T
Maybe AAA can do a look-up for you at any office local to you, if you're a member there?

Happy Hunting! biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
dan , dmv will mail the registered owner a letter for you ,. You write the letter put in envolpe and stamp it it. They will address it and drop it in the mail.
I tracked down a hemi cuda for my old boss this way.

If you need a project I have a few. (just like the one above)
Root_Werks
Duuuuuude, don't want another project! laugh.gif

Why I'm looking for a couple of the last ones I messed up...I mean fixed. blink.gif

Hey Jon! bye1.gif

I have the info at home. I sold it on 11 or 12 of 2008. Hopefully he still has it. I can drop $30 to find the current owner. Not sure if that's worth it.

The purple one was probably my favorite 4cyl.

2.0, SSI's, Engman inner kit, I put bars in the engine, very stiff open topped car. I found the old thread, I did a lot to it. Great driver.
sixnotfour
Duuuuuude, don't want another project!

They are all projects , need to know where you want to start is all. $$$$

What happened to the Boxster ?
Root_Werks
Oh still have it, debating if I want to keep it or not. Porsche did a really great job with that car I think through 1999. But after that, way to complicated.

Mines a 97', only year they have 2 airbags (not 8). It's basically a newer 914-6.

Surprisingly easy to work on. I'm doing the 90k service on it over the course of a few weekends. Pretty much everything takes me minutes, not hours to do.
Dr Evil
Dan is alive! Hey stranger smile.gif
effutuo101
teasing you Dan! That is a sweet car... but to tease, that is exactly where it should be when a real 914/6 drives by. Run with the big dogs or stay on the sidewalk (porch) smile.gif
I would love to take that one out for a spin. She sounds really nice pulling away.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 12 2010, 03:28 PM) *

Dan is alive! Hey stranger smile.gif

Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiister Evil!

S'up? bye1.gif
Root_Werks
Found the guy with the purple 914. Talked to him this morning for a while. Doesn't sound too interested in selling the car. It's in the paint shop right now. Sigh. It's a maybe, so we'll see.
Eric_Shea
It's basically a newer 914-6 for girls

agree.gif biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 13 2010, 02:41 PM) *

It's basically a newer 914-6 for girls

agree.gif biggrin.gif

Doh!

Well, turns out any of the 914's I use to own are just not for sale right now. sad.gif

I probably don't have enough cheese to purchase a really nice stock 914-4 (See camp914's 74' 2.0 - white one for almost $10k). Something like that, so I may offer up the Box as a trade-up or sell it so I have more cash buying power. I could pick up a project, but don't really want to go down that road again. I just don't have the time.

We'll see. confused24.gif
NORD

Dan

Glad to see you back around. There is a pair of axels in my garage

that belong to you, if you pick up a project or Jon Bovie has a

nice car for sale. I'll let you know if anything shows up in my area

NORD welcome.png
EdwardBlume
I hate to say "I told you so" but when you sold the steel roof, I thought.. "he's going to regret it..."

Boxster's are nice cars, but...
Root_Werks
Hey NORD! bye1.gif

Thanks for saving those axles, I still want them for sure. Next time you're running down this way let me know. I'll PM you my e-mail.

Yes, I totally regret selling the blue car. I just don't see myself doing another one. My skills are ....eh....at best and I think I got lucky with that project.

Nice thing is the guy who owns it now is really caring for it and really loves it. He knows if he ever wants to sell, to give me a call. I might even go down just to visit the old car.

10+ years of ownership, stupid, stupid, stupid.
Tom
Hi Dan,
I sent you a PM. Welcome back!
Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.