Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '75 & '76 cars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
DanT
were all the '75s and '76s Appearance Group cars?

I am in the process of getting one back on the street and have found it to have the following:
Leather covered factory steering wheel
center console with 3 guages
Sail panel and targa bar vinyl
Factory fog lights

Was this a package deal like on the '73s or where the items ordered individually?
Thanks
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(DanT @ Mar 12 2010, 01:37 PM) *

I am in the process of getting one back on the street and have found it to have the following:
Factory fog lights

Was this a package deal like on the '73s or where the items ordered individually?
Thanks

After the 73 2.0 all equipment was made optional. All cars had side vinyl but that was it. For the 75 76 models, appearance group consisted of driving lights dual horns center console with gauges, leather shift boot and center console box, foam (fake) leather steering wheel and dual horns. Most of these late cars did not have the appearance group as it inflated the price of the car already inflated due to the dollar change against the German mark that first occurred in late 73.
DanT
Perfect, so the car I am working on must have been an original AG car.
Good to know that there weren't that many AG cars in '75.
Tom_T
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 12 2010, 12:52 PM) *

QUOTE(DanT @ Mar 12 2010, 01:37 PM) *

Factory fog lights

Thanks

After the 73 2.0 all equipment was made optional. All cars had side vinyl but that was it. For the 75 76 models, appearance group consisted of driving lights dual horns center console with gauges, leather shift boot and center console box, foam (fake) leather steering wheel and dual horns. Most of these late cars did not have the appearance group as it inflated the price of the car already inflated due to the dollar change against the German mark that first occurred in late 73.

George, didn't they load up the 76's with everything to move them out the door & maximize profits on the few left to sell out then?
914Sixer
Most of 75 & 76 cars were pretty stripped by comparison. As George said, the cost had gone up there. Base cars were in the $7500 range by then. They cost more than a Corvette did.
Bleyseng
The loaded up cars are the late run 76 cars as the Dealers wanted them that way...and Porsche wanted to dump on all the extra parts on em. Mine has everything on it except the rear fog light....

"The Last 914 for sale get your piece of history" and pay top $$$$$
agentblr
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Mar 14 2010, 07:26 AM) *

The loaded up cars are the late run 76 cars as the Dealers wanted them that way...and Porsche wanted to dump on all the extra parts on em. Mine has everything on it except the rear fog light....

agree.gif Same thing with my very late 76 car, everything but the rear fog. It even has the armco shift knob and rear luggage rack,and the painted fuchs,and.........
VoPo914
My 75 came with the Appearance Group and the Pressure Cast Alloy Wheels($100 extra) for a sticker price of $7618.50.....Click to view attachment
DanT
nice car....that is the general look I am going for...
'75 that looks like it did in the '70s....
Rivs, black Porsche negative side stripe, Monza exhaust and a few other goodies I have planned.
Got my 2.0L heat exchangers today along with a nice exhaust that will need media blast...........to be done by me tomorrow smile.gif

Bleyseng
That''s how mine looked when I got it in 95... LE Spoiler too! I had the Fuchs thou.
ConeDodger
My '75 is an original AG car. The dealer took off the factory 4 lug Fuchs and put on Western Wheels, added an aftermarket 8 track to pump the price. They took away the Fuchs that it came with to jack up the price for "alloy wheels" blink.gif
sixnotfour
I have a
76 no center consloe or tinted windows , But has factory sway bars.
76 Has center console ,tinted windows , No sway bars
76 no CC, TW,Swaybars, But has metallic paint and tartan seats.

I think 76's are a grab bag, and a combination that kept the price even ?
914werke
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Mar 14 2010, 08:26 AM) *

My Lt Ivory 76 as everything including the BBB over-riders? When did those show up? It still has the jamb sticker stating that is was NOT a catalyst car, but has a cat muffler. confused24.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Mar 30 2010, 12:44 AM) *

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Mar 14 2010, 08:26 AM) *

My Lt Ivory 76 as everything including the BBB over-riders? When did those show up? It still has the jamb sticker stating that is was NOT a catalyst car, but has a cat muffler. confused24.gif

Probably used that muffler cuz it was available & maybe the non-cat wasn't - just be glad it wasn't a CA 914 with the requisite crap-alytic converter! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.