Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine re-install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dschlyer
wacko.gif
I droped my engine out because it froze. I purchased an used engine, but I not sure of the position and torque on the engine mount bolts. Also are there any big NO NO's?

Please help

Thanks

Don
Todd Enlund
To quote Haynes:

"Installation is the reverse of removal".

My car doesn't have an engine. I'm sure someone else can give you actual help.

welcome.png

SirAndy
What type and year engine? What year car? Sideshifter or tailshifter transmission?
We'll need some more details to answer your questions.

And of course:
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Plus:
welcome.png

beerchug.gif Andy
dangrouche
http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...engine_drop.htm

you dropped a bad motor and you want to know how to install? remember SAFETY SAFETY is tantamount, chock wheels front and rear. good jackstands, good jacks.

Jeffs9146
A second set of hands helps make things go in much easier!!!! beerchug.gif
kkid
Yeah, I did it about a couple weeks ago for the first time beerchug.gif I referred to the tech article on this site in order to drop it off.
There was no help at that time but I'd had a re-installation practice several times out of the car. Observed how the engine move up. Alignment, angle, balance and maybe timing were the key for me.
I would definitely get a help next time w/some beer.gif
Oh, don't forget to replace the engine tin seals if there are gone. I never knew how important they were until I had the new seals in there.

Good luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.