Full Version: Glaser cab
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
Buy it now of 550,000.00 smoke.gif popcorn[1].gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-356...5fCarsQ5fTrucks
Dr Evil
Is that price realistic?
scotty b
Not really. It's a 150 - 200,000.00 car IMO, to the right guy ( Sinifeld, Leno) but I can't imagine ANYONE paying half a mil for it
Tom_T
Description says less than 1 mile on it since resto!

Definitely needs a shakedown cruz ....... think they's let us take it out for a short 1,000 mile run!!?? biggrin.gif driving.gif

I'd be happy to drive back there to help them out with that! laugh.gif

It's rare, but don't think it tracks with stuff in Hemmings from the recent auctions. So if it's so rare, then why is it on evil-bay instead of a reputable collector car auction!!?? confused24.gif

.... I'm just sayin'! idea.gif
bigkensteele
I believe that there are 7 known to exist, ranging from complete basket cases to two restored cars, this being one of them. The other was restored over several years by Brett Johnson and if you get excellence, you are familiar with that one.

This car was owned for many years by a VW guy named Ken Daugherty in Louisville. It sat under his car port. Guess he never go around to it and sold it to someone with the coin to bring it back.
whatabout1
Very nice ! What's that hanging over the dash on the right ?
aircooledtechguy
There isn't a horseshoe crab in the world I would pay that much coin for. . . It'll be for sale for a while at that price!!
ME733
I know most of the actors in this play.....and this car is just another 356 garage queen, looking for a permenant home in a museum.....YAWN,....so nobody will ever drive it, and enjoy what it was, and is....so it will eventually be requlated to an obscure existance and forgotten about.....YAWN............MM.
1968Cayman
If I had enough coin, I'd buy it just to slap some fuzzy dice on the rearview mirror and some "chrome chick" mudflaps on the rear. Cars need to be driven regardless of cost.
ME733
QUOTE(esses62 @ Mar 13 2010, 11:41 PM) *

What is a Glaser? Is that a coachbuilder like Karrman or Ghia? idea.gif

...........NO they come down from the North about every 50, 000 thousand years or so..., excepting when the lawyers get the idea $$$$$ were having global warming....Did you notice how short and warm this winter has been?.........
rwjames
Ken sold the car about 5 years ago and an over the top restoration was performed to the tune of $200,000 plus.

Brett Johson's Glaser has been for sale for a while for half this price with no bites, so I would say $550K is a little optimistic given the current economic times.

It is a very rare car and you won't find many around.

Only 9 days left. Maybe some crazy millionaires will get into a last minute bidding war.
VaccaRabite
What makes it special? Looks like any other 356 'vert.

Zach
Dave_Darling
Very early, quite rare.

Other than that, nothing special that I can tel from the Brett Johnson articles.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.