Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD: 1974 914-6 GT Clone
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Pages: 1, 2
PeeGreen 914
Most of you know of the car and the work that has gone into this car. For those that don't know the car:

1974 914 converted to a 6 by the previous owner. He used all the original 6 components and did a good job in the modification.

I have done a good deal of work on the car and turned it into a GTU class winner and then an MU class winner in the PNW region.

The cars specs:
Engine - 2.4l E, motor specs, 2.4 S spec heads new guides valve job, 2.2 E pistons, E cams, std crank, resized rods, oil bypass mod, Lightened flywheel, Balanced, new rings, bearings, rod bolts, chains,gaskets.

Transmission - 901 side shift with a lightened flywheel and TB dif. Gears are stock 1 and 2 with an M 3rd S 4th and a stock 5th. Rennshift

Suspension - Elephant racing polybronze bushings all new last year. Tarret 23mm antisway bar. 23mm hollow torsion bars. 911 front and aluminium cross-member. 250lb rear springs. Weltmeister camber plates. 944CVs with early 911 input and output flanges. H&R Spacers, about 1" (easy to remove for autocrossing).

Brakes - S calipers in front and M calipers in the rear with a 911 ebrake system almost set up. 21mm master cylinder with a JWest proportion valve in the cab.

Other - Rennshifter with a killer wood knob made by Zach. Solid shift pushings by Patrick motorsport. Firewall engine mount by Patrick.

the car has many other modifications. It is perfectly set up and ready for the next owner to enjoy.
carr914
WHAT? yikes.gif

Who are we going to Vote into 2nd Place for the COTM now?

T.C.
U N S E E N
I cant believe youre selling this car! Literally my dream 914!!! Wow. GLWS beerchug.gif
bcheney
Are those factory steel flares?
PeeGreen 914
Sorry I didn't reply right away. I just got home from and autocross smile.gif

The flares are glass. Well done but as all glass it doesn't fair as well as steal.

The TB dif is a Gaurd Torque Biasing dif.
PeeGreen 914
more drunk.gif
Dirty Evo
gorgeous.... I want this car!

it does NOT have a full roll cage, correct?

PeeGreen 914
No, it has a few areas I reinforced to make it stiff but no cage. Only the Engman inner kit and Tangerine's ear kit. I did have Jeff (Sixnotfour) make me some nice pieces to go where the four mounts use to be as I removed them and welded on these smile.gif
porschecb
Why are you selling your car?
PeeGreen 914
Well, I sell real estate and have, as most agents have, had a rough year. I now have another job until the market picks back up but I just want to get rid of this massive debt. I literally got this car to a place where there is very little to do to it and, those that know me know, I need projects. So I get to kill two birds with one stone. I get to wipe most of my debt out and start another project. May need to wait a while for the new project but I am okay with that.

Not only that, I have a son that is turning 4 this summer. He has been able to watch me do some things on this car but not really get his hands dirty. With a new project he will get to work with me smile.gif If I could keep this car I would. If the day comes when I can buy it back...and the new owner wants to sell... I certainly will.
jcambo7
Man Jon. I wish I could buy your car...I have always loved it...I would probably end up giving it back to you though. drunk.gif
PlaysWithCars
Sounds like a great deal John. Sell it to James and he'll give it back to you. piratenanner.gif (did I read that right? blink.gif )

The car looked, sounded, and ran great at the autocross on Saturday John. It will be a fun ride for someone. Good luck with the sale.
pete-stevers
Very nize!! i wish you well Jon!!!
and bump!
Eddie914
Jon,

Fabulous! Clean, Clean Clean! All the best upgrades.

Good luck with the sale. I hope your next project is another 914.

Eddie
Quilmes
Nice car, please call me. 407-259-1259.
PeeGreen 914
Sorry I didn't get this until now. I will give you a call tomorrow morning.
PeeGreen 914
Anyone want to see some of the purty parts on this car?

944 CVs aktion035.gif
PeeGreen 914
idea.gif
Dirty Evo
damn it, every time I look at this thread , I want the car... but just not feasible at the moment.

you would think at almost 40 years old , I could be a mature adult about things... but no, what I want to do is throw myself onto the floor and kick and cry until my wife says "ok"... i see my 11 month old boy does it, and it works for him!!

i can just picture myself driving this think around thunderhill!
PeeGreen 914
If you do end up being able to buy it I hope you'll let me come take it around Thunder Hill. I have always wanted to drive that track piratenanner.gif
PeeGreen 914
aktion035.gif
Dirty Evo
I am being tortured!!

that looks like fun...
Justinp71
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 25 2010, 08:37 AM) *

If you do end up being able to buy it I hope you'll let me come take it around Thunder Hill. I have always wanted to drive that track piratenanner.gif

I have a similiar car that I've taken on thunderhill with the lotus club and it was a blast! I was giving some lotus elise's a run for there money...lol.
gothspeed
Is that a custom firewall 'overlay' behind the seats? What is that made of and where can I get one smile.gif?

Actually his car is just what I need .......... now if I could just sell my 73' 1.7 ..........
tavoman27
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Mar 30 2010, 08:25 AM) *

Is that a custom firewall 'overlay' behind the seats? What is that made of and where can I get one smile.gif?

Actually his car is just what I need .......... now if I could just sell my 73' 1.7 ..........

Hi, If my eyes do not let my down he did what I did to my car... just removed the back panel and removed the excess glue and paint it black like the original GT came from the factory, no padding or special covers to buy!!!
PeeGreen 914
Yes, the entire interior of this car was redone when I had the Engman inner kit welded in and the Recaro sliders mounted. The back firewall is just painted black. Looks good and it is nice if anyone wants to carpet it or just leave it as is. smile.gif
Dirty Evo
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Mar 29 2010, 10:43 PM) *

I have a similiar car that I've taken on thunderhill with the lotus club and it was a blast! I was giving some lotus elise's a run for there money...lol.

I see you are in Sacramento.. I am up in Auburn I am really torn on this car. I want to turn my Cayman S into a dedicated track car... but my sentimental car is the 914 (I got a 72 1.7 for high school graduation back in '89)... I would LOVE to have one to track and maybe zip around town now and then!

if its still available in a month, you just may see it at T-hill this summer... maybe!!

gothspeed
QUOTE(tavoman27 @ Mar 30 2010, 02:08 PM) *

QUOTE(gothspeed @ Mar 30 2010, 08:25 AM) *

Hi, If my eyes do not let my down he did what I did to my car... just removed the back panel and removed the excess glue and paint it black like the original GT came from the factory, no padding or special covers to buy!!!

Cool!! Thanks for the note smile.gif!

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 30 2010, 03:03 PM) *

Yes, the entire interior of this car was redone when I had the Engman inner kit welded in and the Recaro sliders mounted. The back firewall is just painted black. Looks good and it is nice if anyone wants to carpet it or just leave it as is. smile.gif

It looks very nice .............. now I need to figure out how to get some dough for this flared beauty w00t.gif !!!
PeeGreen 914
Thanks smile.gif It is a very nice street legal track car driving.gif . My goal was always to make something that was very fun and competitive and something I could always drive to the event. I was rather spoiled last year as it was trailered to many of the events beerchug.gif (thanks Matt)
Justinp71
QUOTE(Dirty Evo @ Mar 30 2010, 05:39 PM) *

QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Mar 29 2010, 10:43 PM) *

I see you are in Sacramento.. I am up in Auburn I am really torn on this car. I want to turn my Cayman S into a dedicated track car... but my sentimental car is the 914 (I got a 72 1.7 for high school graduation back in '89)... I would LOVE to have one to track and maybe zip around town now and then!

if its still available in a month, you just may see it at T-hill this summer... maybe!!

That would be great to get another thill run in this year... there is also an autocross series at matherfield with scca (nice size course), and pca is doing some good events at infineon and an autocrosses in the paddock (which is a nice size course aswell).

jmill
WTF.gif

I've had your car as my screen saver for the past year. Countless people come up to me at work and ask if thats my car. I say no, but mine will look that good one day. It's damn near perfect. Best of luck with the sale.

BTW - There is no fricken way you can build a car as nice as yours for less than your asking. I'm trying and it isn't gonna happen.
PeeGreen 914
Thanks beerchug.gif . It took it out yesterday and had a bit of fun o the on/ off ramps to I-5. A few clover leafs and a few nice straights piratenanner.gif Thankfully no men in blue needed to talk to me biggrin.gif I love the sound of this car when it is up to or over 7k RPM. drooley.gif
PeeGreen 914
Okay, the paint is really not as nice as these pictures make it look.
jcambo7
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 5 2010, 11:24 PM) *

That is one nice a** bootyshake.gif
Dirty Evo
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 5 2010, 10:24 PM) *

holy crap, the car is hotter everytime I look at this thread. If it was a woman, I would leave my wife for it!!

Ok, just closed on my land purchase... now I am officially broke, but still holding out hope that maybe I am in a position in a couple months....

a guy is allowed to dream

I don't know how you can sell this car... just hang onto it ... things turning around slowly but surely. In a year or two you will be kicking yourself that you sold it!!
PeeGreen 914
Maybe, but projects with your son are worth more than a complete and ready car piratenanner.gif

Once I have all my debt paid off my son will be old enough to wrench on our next car with me. I think it will be a good lesson for him. This car he would have to wait until he is at least 15 before he could really learn anything from it driving.gif Hopefully he will have built his own by then
rjames
This car being for sale has got me buying lottery tickets again.
Good luck with the sale, Jon.
I'm also looking forward to seeing your next project unfold! smile.gif
turboman808
No ones bought this car yet? Great car at a terrific price.
PeeGreen 914
Nope, not sold yet but that's okay. I am sure it will sell soon and I get to enjoy it until it does. smile.gif

Let me know how the lotto goes Robert biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
Wood biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
Seems I forgot to mention that the stub axles are early 911 and the CVs are from a 944 placed on machines 914 axles. Input shafts are from a 77? 911. 100mm.

Yeah, since it wasn't cheap to do I guess it would be good to mention huh.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 9 2010, 01:33 PM) *

Wood biggrin.gif

Nice purse Jon. biggrin.gif icon_bump.gif
PeeGreen 914
That would be a helmet bag James chair.gif

Brothers...sheesh dry.gif lol-2.gif
scrz914
Jon, what is that square cutout on the tunnel. From a clutch tube repair?
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Dirty Evo @ Mar 24 2010, 11:46 PM) *

you would think at almost 40 years old , I could be a mature adult about things... but no, what I want to do is throw myself onto the floor and kick and cry until my wife says "ok"... i see my 11 month old boy does it, and it works for him!!

Try telling her you will give up drinking and hookers and see if that works. confused24.gif
Dirty Evo
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 9 2010, 08:50 PM) *

QUOTE(Dirty Evo @ Mar 24 2010, 11:46 PM) *

Try telling her you will give up drinking and hookers and see if that works. confused24.gif

gonna give it a shot right now... will let you guys know how it goes. never hurts to keep bumping this thread to the top.. maybe help to get this beauty of a car sold!!
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(scrz914 @ Apr 9 2010, 07:47 PM) *

Jon, what is that square cutout on the tunnel. From a clutch tube repair?

Yes, when I went and gutted the interior I wanded to make sure the clutch tube was iin tact and wouldn't be an issue. I cut out that panel and was going to make a plate for it. Still may but since it is a track car it hasn't bothered me.
jcambo7
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Apr 9 2010, 08:08 PM) *

That would be a helmet bag James chair.gif

Brothers...sheesh dry.gif lol-2.gif

biggrin.gif That's what I am here for Jon! icon_bump.gif
PeeGreen 914
happy11.gif Went for a little drive yesterday and my best friend had a camera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsokzgjC9Bw
Cairo94507
Sweet!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.