Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Progress finally!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
echocanyons
I finally made some progress with my five lug swap.

I am using 69-73 911 flanges, axels, hubs, 911 ebrake, boxster monoblocks and SC rotors.

one side is completely finished, I hope to have the other side finished today too.

The front will happen next month.

and the KYB's make them perfect wacko.gif
jim912928
you'll have to give me a blow by blow on how you did this. I've got 71 911t front end and rear hubs, brakes, ebrake, rotors, mittlemotor stub axles etc. I wasn't planning on getting more then the rear hubs but the seller of the front end through in all the rear stuff. Now my question is to add the 911 ebrake or just widen my 914 calipers (assuming I use the vented rear rotors i got).

But I have to say, that pic of your job sure looks sweet! Excellent work!

Jim
echocanyons
Use the complete 911 axle from trans flange through cv axles and to stub axle.

The the 911 hub on the outer side of the trailing arm.

The trailing arms have to be modified (ground down) to accept the 911 ebrake setup.

I have no idea where i will get cables to work this.

The early 911(69-84) calipers are 3 inch spacing and bolt up to the 914 trailing arm with no modification

The hardest parts was the bearings. I had to cut one off of the hub.

I probably will invest in the hub bearing tool to do it next time.
JFJ914
Kelly,

How about progress pictures so we can see the components and mods?

Thanks
echocanyons
complete used 911 axel (69-73) from cv to stub axel.

NOTE I am using 911 axels from the trans out, 914/6 stubs would enable one to use 914 axels

You cannot use a 914 stub axle because the 911 CV wont bolt up to it(the 914 part is ~1 1/2 inches too small).
echocanyons
69-73 911 hubs bolt up to 69-73 911 stubs through the rear bearing.
echocanyons
trailing arm freshly ground to accept 911 ebrake sheild/assembly
echocanyons
ebrake sheild/assembly test mounted prolly should clean it before it mount it....
echocanyons
boxster rear caliper, caliper adapter and mounting bolts _Thanks Rich Johnson
echocanyons
After you mount the stub to the hub in the bearing, things are very self explanitory.

The hardest part was dealing with the crappy rear bearings
echocanyons
no more work today since I toasted my other rear bearing sad.gif
Qarl
What rotors do you plan to run up front?
echocanyons
I tried the carrera type but they wouldnt too thick so I switched to SC, I really need some ducting to provide cooling to them though, my biggest worry is overheating and cracking the rotors on the track.
Brad Roberts
Looks good Kelly clap56.gif ..

B
echocanyons
Thanks Brad, I definitely couldnt have done it without this site and the people here
Brad Roberts
We have a great group no doubt about it.

I'm trying to figure out how to make it to Texas for Parade this year. It would be cool to meet you and Jason from PP up in Ft. Worth for the event. Charlie from the 914SIG is heading up this years Parade with his wife. It is a given that the event will be "914" biased since both of them are 914 nuts.

B
echocanyons
I am hoping to make it to the parade, but I may be moving yet again first
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.