Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Wiring Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IronHillRestorations
On the 914-6 chassis wiring harness there's a solid green wire that goes from terminal #4 to the cabin, possibly to the gauge cluster?

The Art Zapf wiring diagram lists it as "for sporto". Was this for a sportomatic only gauge? Anyone got a harness out of a 6 they could get their hands on?
ejm
I would think it's for the contact in the shifter that controls the solenoid.
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(ejm @ Mar 13 2010, 06:30 PM) *

I would think it's for the contact in the shifter that controls the solenoid.

That was my first thought, but I checked my 6 and that wire keeps going up the harness. I thought it would be taped off near the shifter, but no.
1968Cayman
Not that it's entirely applicable, but the wire going into the auto-clutch switch on my '68 911L was solid green. It could have been replaced at some point but there was little to no work done on the car over the course of its life (other than that supplied by the rust).
IronHillRestorations
Thanks for the reply, as it happens I've got a '68 L too! Complete, but no-op and a little rough.
1968Cayman
Let me know if you need any parts for the 911. I'm putting an M96 3.4L smack into the center of mine along with a complete Boxster suspension so most of the parts aren't going back in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.