Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PICS OF V8 CONVERSION DAY...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neo914-6
A big day for those who came with and without their flag.gif converted Porsches. The weather was perfect, histories were told, and much interest was shown from bypassers and parking security. Dave B. w/son drove his car the furthest from Truckee but Joe wasn't too far behind coming from Newcastle. Bud A. drove the shortest distance ~ a mile. Scott and Mike drove the furthest trailered cars from Vegas both very SWEEET cars. With little sleep they gave tech and parts advise, shirts, drinks, and a challenge to drive...of which a few participated on the Calavarez run to Sunol. Hopefully Bob did not crash his 914 on this road as he had done 15 years ago.

With Scott's recommendations a Japanese Car Magazine did a photo shoot - thanks Shin! Thanks to Derek for positioning the cars and providing a high shoot angle on his Suburban. Look for pics on the Renegade site once the issue is published.

Showed:
Scott/Renegade 914 V8 - Las Vegas
Mike/Renegade w/customer 914 V8 - Las Vegas
Felix P. 914 V8 - San Jose
Bob C. 914 V8 - San Jose
Jonathan R. 914 V8 - Santa Clara
David B. 914 V8 - Truckee
Eddie P. 911T V8 - San Francisco
Bud A. 911 V8 - San Jose
Joe S. 912 V8 - Newcastle

Mike M. w/o 944 V8 - Morgan Hill - injector probs
Robert B. w/o 914 V8 - Montara - Brad working on it
Todd C. w/o 911T V8 - San Jose - getting upgrades
Kyan P. w/o 914 V8 - Sacramento - waiting for parts
Mark J. w/o 914 V8 - San Jose - in the works at BBR
Chris J. w/o 914 V8 - Los Gatos - too many details
Brian P. and Jen - WRX? -thanks for being Scott and Mikes guide, attending TWO 914 events!
Derek P. Cadillac 'burb - Monterey - 944/911SC
Plus many more people who I did not collect names from...as well as others who had conversion interest for their stock Porsche's.

Who didn't make it...
Scott P. 914 V8 - Stockton - alternator failure driving to Milpitas
Ivan 911 V8 - NorCal - mechanic working on it
Patrick T 914 V8 - Garden Valley - in the works
George G. 911 V8 - East Bay - family commitment
Harry C. 914 V8 - Berkeley - Sat. commitment
Jim F. 914 V8 - San Jose - working on it
Paul S. 914 V8 - Chico - Sat. commitment
Taka S. 944 V8 - San Jose - Sat. commitment
Remil N. 914 V8 - San Jose - working
neo914-6
pic..
neo914-6
another...
neo914-6
911 and 912...
neo914-6
On Calaveras...Scott passing me like I was parked (actually was)...
chunger
Nice to see you folks there are well. I liked hearing all the V8 cars start when you guys re-parked for the photo shoot and all the rice scurry away smile.gif

Wish I could have stayed for the fun run, but I had to change the tranny fluid on the wife's Nissan. It was making very bad noises on the way down but seems to be doing ok now.
neo914-6
New Renegade brake debut...
chunger
Chillin' inside Dave and Buster's waiting for free drinks on Scott from Renegade Hybrids.
chunger
Shin from Daytona Magazine at work posing the turbo for a private shoot.
watsonrx13
Looks like you guys had a great turn out with the v8's. Glad to see someone else is taking names and cars and listing them, really helps get to know everyone by their cars. I wish I could have joined you. Now that the weather is turning warm, there should be a lot more meets in the near future.
rick 918-S
I need to hook up with you guy's too... cooool! clap56.gif I'm truely in the wrong part of the country sad.gif
neo914-6
Rich,
I "almost" moved to Chaska....
Maybe we can have simultaneous events on the same day...
Felix
Jenny
Brian and I had a great time meeting all the conversion guys. My feet got tired after standing around for so long, but that's probably because I did an hour of standing around outside IHOP as well. rolleyes.gif

Jen
jonwatts
Jenny, you said you were going to the V8 thing because Scott introduced you to Brian. Yet I don't see you kicking Scott in the ass in any of those photos. confused24.gif

happy11.gif
Jenny
I didn't think it was appropriate in front of all those guys. wink.gif

Jen

PS. Good pancakes?
jonwatts
I guess it should be no surprise that everything at IHOP comes with pancakes. I had a huge breakfast burrito so I didn't touch my pancakes. I tried to convince DD sitting next to me that his blueberry pancakes came with a side of pancakes and they were his. Didn't work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.