Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: odd question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kfish914
Does any one know the size of the pulley shims for a 2.7 six. I quess the PO needed them more than I did becasue the engine does not have any. I know i can order them for around .80 however i don't want to pay ten bucks to have them shipped to my house when the local hardware store has a whole bunch of different sizes. They call them machine washers. So if any one has one to measure I would find it most helpful. I have searched the internet and can not find the information.

Also I need the size of the banjo bolt (911 110 899 00) that goes into the start valve if any one knows that also.
Cap'n Krusty
There are 4 different shims that I know of, and NONE of them are available anywhere but from Porsche or one of the aftermarket specialty sellers. At least one diameter is NLA new. The Cap'n
kfish914
Thank you for the response.
I was hoping to be able to get them with out paying three times the amout for each one because of shipping.
The local FLAPS told me they could get the banjo (hollow) bolt if i knew the size. Which I would like to do because one internet supplier wants $17. dollars just for the bolt, yes ONE bolt, and another $12.95 in shipping mad.gif Poor man's Porsche my a**.
Cap'n Krusty
Have you asked us here for the bolt? I have 2 2.7 FI systems for parts, and may have what you need. I need to know exactly where it goes, however. A FLAPS is NOT a good place to look for Porsche parts. The Cap'n
kfish914
I had not asked for the bolt from the here. I didn't even think about it for some reason. I quess i was thinking I could find it local. My motor is a 74 2.7 with CIS and form what i can see when the PO took the engine out of his 911 to do a 3.2 they unhooked a lot of the lines on the intake so I have been slowly trying to get it all back together. I will look up the part number and send you a PM.
sixnotfour
The PN is for a banjo bolt for the injector lines on top of the fuel distributor.
The shims depend on which fan you have , If its early style (big pulley)
the shims are cheap and the same as 911 cam shims.

I am sure the Captian can help you
kfish914
Thank you. I'll touch base with the Capn.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.