Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tell me what you think
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
effutuo101
So, I know sombody has done this before, but I figured I would have some fun. The air dam is not even close to being done yet, but did a quick test fit.
Tell me what you think
effutuo101
front
effutuo101
just a quick idea on ride height.
enikolayev
Feng Shui.
messix
that should create some down force!
sixnotfour
Everything in the photo's is for sale , except the honda 90 motor, As for Chris talk to his wife for a price. av-943.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Mar 13 2010, 10:02 PM) *

So, I know sombody has done this before, but I figured I would have some fun. The air dam is not even close to being done yet, but did a quick test fit.
Tell me what you think

It just kills me that these folks who manufacture these FG dams, bumpers, etc. just cannot figure out how to do the ends to line up properly with the wheel wells, bumper insets, etc. I saw similar problems on the one Scotty did for Dr.Evil's 914. dry.gif

I assume that you'll be doing some extra glassing to get it to line up with the extended line of the wheel well arches. smile.gif
effutuo101
Yep. Glass will arch to match wheel wells. Think of this as a rough draft.
The important thing to remember is although these cars were mass produced, I fitted this to 3 different cars and had 3 different fits....
So, My idea is to creat a 1/2 - 3/4 inch buffer at the end of the air dam. you can trim to fit with out losing the structure.
jcambo7
That looks awesome Chris!
rfuerst911sc
Looks good. I'm going to try and make something similiar using the metal OEM valance.
effutuo101
Cool! post some pictures as you get closer. I look forward to see yours!
ericread
That's some nice dam work!!! (sorry, but it had to be said... confused24.gif )

PeeGreen 914
aktion035.gif
EdwardBlume
Nice work... you realize, the more time, effort, and sweat you put into it, the more pissed you'll be when you shread it on a parking stop...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.