Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oil pressure sender and gauge-Problem? SOLVED
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
srohling
Just got my motor back and installed. I installed a duel pickup sender and have the hose extension kit installed as well. Also installed a new VDO Oil pressure gauge. Upon my first starting the motor, I only showed about 20 lbs of pressure on the gauge. I called my engine builder who said it showed 50 lbs + when he did his break in. I blew the hose out with air and cleaned the hole on the sender. The gauge now shows about 30 lbs of pressure....you guys have any ideas of why I am not getting a better reading? This is a brand new motor with the big oil pump. Could it be a voltage or grounding issue?

as usual...you guys are always a big help.

Scott
VaccaRabite
Are you sure that the sender is properly grounded to the case? The sender is meant to ground by screwing into the case. when attached to a remote hose, the hose blocks the ground, or partially blocks it. How have you gone about making sure the sender was grounded to the block?

Zach
pcar916
This is a little like asking someone "if it's plugged in" so forgive me ahead of time, but are you certain the gauge and sender are a temperature-range match?

Good luck!
underthetire
my guess you have a 150PSI sender with a 80 PSI gauge.
srohling
All good answers everyone. I have grounded the the sender by using the metal bracket which is supplied and attaching with one of the case bolts. I don't know about the 150 lbs Vs. ??? lbs sender...I have to check into that one.

Thanks, you have given me a little direction.

Scott
srohling
Ok...after waiting for AA to get back to me on the sending unit, I got tired and ordered an 80 PSI VDO sending unit from Summit. Plugged in and reading 55+ PSI. BTW, the Summit unit was a good deal less than the cost at AA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.