Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ground
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Frost
I was wondering if anyone had a diagram where all the ground points are for the fuel system? Car will crank but no start.
Cap'n Krusty
Big ground post on the left side, under and forward of the relay panel, battery ground strap, transmission ground strap, and a multi tab point under the right side of the intake plenum, on an upper case through bolt near the flywheel end of the case. That's it.

The Cap'n
AvalonFal
My '74 2.0L also has a ground connection to the floor under the passenger seat in the seat belt logic mess. Pull this ground and the car will crank but not start. Looks original to me.

Paul
Frost
Thanks alot, i will look for them in a bit and try to clean them up.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(AvalonFal @ Mar 14 2010, 06:44 PM) *

My '74 2.0L also has a ground connection to the floor under the passenger seat in the seat belt logic mess. Pull this ground and the car will crank but not start. Looks original to me.

Paul

This may be related to the ever useful "seat belt or no start" Porsche brain smart supernova...
Dave_Darling
There are other grounds on the car... I'm not sure if the one up under the dashboard near the gauges can cause a no-start, though. And I'm pretty certain the ones up front (e.g., for the headlights) cannot.

--DD
ConeDodger
Do you hear the fuel pump? The late cars at least, have a ground under the gas tank and just forward of the brake fluid reservoir.
Frost
Yes i hear the fuel pump, i accidently had the wires connected backwards when i put the new fuel pump in so pressure was going back to the tank but we fixed that. Im going to replace some hoses tonight seeing as how the fuel injecter hoses started leaking and we got alot of fuel in the engine bay. I replaced the pump, fuel pressure regulator, relay and im going to replace the filter tonight because parts store gave me the wrong one.
Frost
She RUNS!!
ConeDodger
Congratulations!!!
Frost
Haha thanks, after i fixed the ground she started right up, then bled the brake system before i took her out for a drive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.