Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Test Block Run
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
damnfiknow
Asked this before and made myself a diagram from reply I got. Now can't find it or my original post. So, please guide me again. Want to run 1.8 on the ground (kind of like "pants on the ground") and need basic wiring to get fired up. I'm clear on simple thing like fuel pump and hot to starter relay and neg to transmission. Need hookup for distributor and coil to get hot wired for ignition. Sorry...I'm converting to carbs won't need FI connection. Just the basics for coil/distributor.
Dave_Darling
Coil needs switched +12V on the larger of the two black wires (may have a red stripe) which hooks up to the (+) terminal. That's it.

The points wire goes to the (-) on the coil of course. If you're running the stock L-jet injection, there's a white wire that plugs into that (-) terminal as well.

For the L-jet, you need the dual relay hooked up as well as the rest of the FI stuff. And there's a connection from the FI to the starter, or at least to the same signal that runs the starter. Not sure how (or even if) you are going to do those.

--DD
jcd914
Here is a recent thread on this.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=103972&hl=

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.