Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Made a big paint mess.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
Last night I finished spray painting one of my rear calipers red.
First thing this morning I went with my first cup of coffee out into the garage to checkout how the paint job turned out. As I lifted the caliper out of the cardboard box which it was painted in, the coat hanger the caliper was hooked too decided to straighten itself out as it was at eye level and the caliper dropped back into the box puncturing the red spray can, which created a fountain of red paint until all the pressure was gone w00t.gif. Sorry no time for pictures, the wifes pearl white Lexus was now covered as was the entire garage with solvent resistant red paint. I spent a good part of the day cleaning up the mess, when my wife finally poked her head into the garage most of the mess was cleaned up and what wasn't was out of her view, all she saw was me rubbing down her car and she was so happy smlove2.gif she thanked me for paying attention to her car not the Porsche as she was expecting. happy11.gif
seanery
that is horrible! ohmy.gif I couldn't stop laughing though. I hope you did get it all cleaned up.
STL914
Sounds like a good sit com episode for Everyone Loves Raymond. It's all in the timing.
nebreitling
that's HORRIBLE!!!

at least it wasn't WD-40, though laugh.gif
iamchappy
Here is a pic of my half full coffee cup.
rick 918-S
Lexus, Schemexus... How did caliper turn out? laugh.gif (Kidding) really sorry to hear about the mess.
iamchappy
But look at how nice the brakes look.
iamchappy
Brakes
blonde914
That is so funny laugh.gif , I spilled a gallon of royal blue paint on new carpet one time, my husband ran and got the shopvac to clean it up. The vacuum filled up and started spraying blue paint all over my husband and the room. He looked like a smurf. Be glad you just had to clean, we had to replace carpeting, drapes ect. I am not allowed to paint at all now;DAMN.

Sherry driving-girl.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(blonde914 @ Mar 28 2004, 06:25 PM)
That is so funny laugh.gif , I spilled a gallon of royal blue paint on new carpet one time, my husband ran and got the shopvac to clean it up. The vacuum filled up and started spraying blue paint all over my husband and the room. He looked like a smurf. Be glad you just had to clean, we had to replace carpeting, drapes ect. I am not allowed to paint at all now;DAMN.

Sherry driving-girl.gif

I'm sitting her reading this to my wife! We are ROFLOL! lol2.gif lol2.gif Sounds like an episode of Lucy! laugh.gif lol2.gif
URY914
You should have blamed it on the cat and not said a word. w00t.gif

But you did the right thing.

Paul
tracks914
QUOTE(blonde914 @ Mar 28 2004, 06:25 PM)
He looked like a smurf.  Be glad you just had to clean,

Are you old enought to even know what a Smurf is? laugh.gif

la la lalalala la lala lala !
rhodyguy
classic status. called jeanne in to read this one. your avatar got her attention right now sherry. are you sure you got all the red off?

kevin
blonde914
Yes, I am old enough to know what a smurf is! PaPa Smurf was my favorite.

Then there was dopey smurf and happy smurf and doc smurf...oh wait I'm so old my memory is failing; that was Cinderella.

Sherry driving-girl.gif
MattR
How did you get the 'porsche' text on the caliper? Ive seen people paint their calipers red, but I dont think it looks right unless it has 'Brembo' or in this case 'porsche' printed on the side.

And, are those stock calipers?
iamchappy
They are 944 turbo calipers the Porsche script is cast into them and unpainted.
tracks914
QUOTE(blonde914 @ Mar 28 2004, 08:19 PM)
Yes, I am old enough to know what a smurf is! PaPa Smurf was my favorite.

Then there was dopey smurf and happy smurf and doc smurf...oh wait I'm so old my memory is failing; that was Cinderella.

Why was there only one female, Smurette? wub.gif
Do you think Papa Smurf was doing her?wub.gif
Was she a lez Smurf, cause she wasn't really interested in the other Smurfs? smlove2.gif

Whoa, back to reality idea.gif I think I've been working too hard!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.