Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pics of Rich Johnson mount with brake proportioning valve?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Hi All -
does anyone have a pictured of the Rich Johnson -6 mount showing the rear brake proportioning valve installed? I just realized that all the pics I have of the installed mount dont show the valve installed.

Is it even an issue? Does it need to be removed to install the mount?

Thanks!!!
Scott S
J P Stein
Yeah....here somewhere.....ah....oops, not a stocker. IIRC, it used the original holes tho.
Eric_Shea
It depends on the year car. Mid 74 carried the new location for the "emergency pressure regulator" valve. smile.gif From mid-74 on they need to be moved.

I had to move mine:
IPB Image

I need to do a little line work now. I mounted it in the wrong spot. I should have put it on the rib. sad.gif
Scott S
Thanks a million - I got a bit nervous for a second....

Edit -
It appears look at Mr Shea's car that even though I can retain the facotry valve, I will have to pull the lower line off to thread it through the mount - is this correct?

My brakes are really great. I will do what I have to do, but would prefer not to open the system if possible.
Eric_Shea
I will have to pull the lower line off to thread it through the mount - is this correct?

Yup. Goes through that hole.

That's the later style line so I left in on there when I painted. I'll need to get the longer early style line now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.