Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB/ a decent 914 near baltimore
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
jsayre914
My mechanic decided he wants a 914 to restore. nothing rusted so much, dosnt have to be running. he is going for the original look 1973 or later as original as he could get. he is willing to do all the work, so lets see what you got for him. He does not "computer" so send me some pics and a price i will get it to him and he could come take it off your hands.

he wants to spend around 3K

if not,

hey, i tried to recruit another 914 right

thanks guys
laugh.gif

popcorn[1].gif
zymurgist
Not rusted?

East Coast?

For $3K?

laugh.gif If I knew of a 914 like that, I'd buy it.
VaccaRabite
Mike already has a 914...

poke.gif
Zach
ghuff
You are not going to find that here man.

On the east coast, things that california peopel would cut up seem to fetch 6000$

There is a totally different market out here.
jsayre914
if your out there and you are shy...

hide.gif

just send me a PM
jimkelly
ghuff passed on this beauty : ) he can tell you about it.

besides the rust that he uncovered and did not uncover - the engine wiring got fried recently and the oil pressure switch is broken in the block and the trans needs a dr evil rebuild for at least some 1st gear bits.

http://www.pbase.com/jimkelly/1975_914

at $2500, maybe not a steal, but it is an available east cost car from illinois.

jim
ghuff
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Mar 16 2010, 04:31 AM) *

ghuff passed on this beauty : ) he can tell you about it.

besides the rust that he uncovered and did not uncover - the engine wiring got fried recently and the oil pressure switch is broken in the block and the trans needs a dr evil rebuild for at least some 1st gear bits.

http://www.pbase.com/jimkelly/1975_914

at $2500, maybe not a steal, but it is an available east cost car from illinois.

jim

Oh holy shit I forgot that one!

Yes. That is *THE* cleanest 914 I came across on the east coast last year. I searched from January to June until I contacted a friend in cali for my car. I drove thousands of miles around the east coast and tri state area.

That car is very worth the price. It has a *VERY* good maaco job on it(you think I am nuts, but the prep work was great.)

It needs minor long/hell hole work. A patch in the rear firewall near the hell and the opposite side. The car has good panel gap, no sags.

We gutted it in Jim's driveway and both stood in it bouncing around.

There is a little bondo in one of the rear fenders, that is on a straight area of the panel if I remember right, it could be fixed with sheemetal easily.

If I did not have two other project cars, I would buy this and restore it but alas I sealed my fate.

I forgot how awesome the price was too. That is very fair. Someone who will fix this one needs to get it. If it does not sell by the end of this year I will end up with two 914's.
electricnixon
I might be able to help...

Been toying with the idea of reducing my number of toys, and my 914 hasn't been getting the attention it deserves.

'73 2.0. Not perfect, but a very solid car that would fall in the price range he's looking at.

http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll76/el...=view¤t=914.jpg

Located in North East MD.

Shoot me an e-mail if you have more questions ryan(at)electricnixon.com
zymurgist
Photobucket error... The action that you were trying to perform has failed.
electricnixon
Fail!

http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll76/electricnixon/914/

Hopefully that works. I'll add more to the album later.
ghuff
Can you give the run down on what that 73 needs electricnixon?(awesome name btw)

What rust if any?

I can go up and do a PPi for anyoneinterested since I am likely the closest to it.

I already did the PPI on the white car above, and then some. We gutted that thing almost in Jim's driveway. biggrin.gif
electricnixon
I'll do my best on the rundown. I haven't spent as much time as I should learning everything there is to know 914.

Of numerous 914's I considered buying over the years, it was by far the cleanest. Car was restored in the early 90's. Very minor rust- none that I've found is cancerous- small spots at the corners of the windshield/hood meeting place. Small nick on hood, probably some odds and ends I'm missing. Battery box is intact. To the best of my knowledge, the car has spent at least the last 17 years garaged. I've owned it 4 years. It has not seen rain since I've owned it (4 years). Car is repainted. Not amazing paint, but IMHO good. Paint on rear posts (normally vinyl covered) is cracked from flexing a bit.

What it needs- not currently running. I've been tied up with other hobbies/projects and haven't worked too hard to diagnose (not knowing everything 914 creeping in). Car turns over freely, generally runs for ~10 seconds, and quits. Ran fine when parked last year. Needs some bushings- trailing arm to be precise. Top could use a repaint.

Overall IMHO, an excellent driver after minimal work, and a very nice looker with not much more. Car always turns heads when I drive it. Tires are nearly new Summimoto's- matching spare wheel/tire. Clear MD Title.

I'm glad to answer any specific questions people have. I've also posted some more pix on photobucket. I don't NEED to sell the car, but If I did I'd like it to go to someone who'll appreciate it. May consider trades- possibly motorcycles/who knows what.
angerosa
QUOTE(electricnixon @ Mar 18 2010, 10:52 PM) *

I'll do my best on the rundown. I haven't spent as much time as I should learning everything there is to know 914.

Of numerous 914's I considered buying over the years, it was by far the cleanest. Car was restored in the early 90's. Very minor rust- none that I've found is cancerous- small spots at the corners of the windshield/hood meeting place. Small nick on hood, probably some odds and ends I'm missing. Battery box is intact. To the best of my knowledge, the car has spent at least the last 17 years garaged. I've owned it 4 years. It has not seen rain since I've owned it (4 years). Car is repainted. Not amazing paint, but IMHO good. Paint on rear posts (normally vinyl covered) is cracked from flexing a bit.

What it needs- not currently running. I've been tied up with other hobbies/projects and haven't worked too hard to diagnose (not knowing everything 914 creeping in). Car turns over freely, generally runs for ~10 seconds, and quits. Ran fine when parked last year. Needs some bushings- trailing arm to be precise. Top could use a repaint.

Overall IMHO, an excellent driver after minimal work, and a very nice looker with not much more. Car always turns heads when I drive it. Tires are nearly new Summimoto's- matching spare wheel/tire. Clear MD Title.

I'm glad to answer any specific questions people have. I've also posted some more pix on photobucket. I don't NEED to sell the car, but If I did I'd like it to go to someone who'll appreciate it. May consider trades- possibly motorcycles/who knows what.

You need your own thread. Car looks nice. As far as you know the car has never been in an accident? How far from Baltimore are you? My wife would never go for letting me have two in the garage, I don't even know what I'm thinking.
OU8AVW
You could talk me out of mine. Minimal rust, worth a look.....
I have lots of parts to start the restoration.
Mike 443-994-6460
In Annapolis
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
electricnixon
[/quote]

You need your own thread. Car looks nice. As far as you know the car has never been in an accident? How far from Baltimore are you? My wife would never go for letting me have two in the garage, I don't even know what I'm thinking.
[/quote]

I do need my own thread now that I've mostly talked myself into letting it go...I'll do that now :-)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.