Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can I do it
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
904svo
I want to twin plug my heads so I started today.
Click to view attachment
70_914
QUOTE(904svo @ Mar 15 2010, 04:37 PM) *

Click to view attachment

What is going to trigger the plugs? Both at the same time, or 1 normal and 1 set up for waste spark? What is the inspiration for this experiment... huge compression, turbo, Nitrous.... just to say you have them?

Are you welding up the stock holes and switching to newer, motorcycle style plugs with very small threads to keep hot spots and protrusions in the combustion chamber to a minimum?

From an engineering standpoint just a couple general questions...

Good Luck!
agentblr
Looking at a bare casting right now...... looks like you would run into severe clearance issues if you try to machine the plug holes on the bottom (exhaust side) of the head. The push rod tubes are right in the way! You could machine the holes in at 45 degree angle to the existing plugs(top side) but you would have relocate the CHT bung if you were using D-jet ( I assume this is not the case) I think it is totally doable. I think you will have to add material wherever you put the 2nd plug,They just did not leave much meat in these castings. I am using a 2.0 head for reference.
904svo
QUOTE(70_914 @ Mar 15 2010, 04:35 PM) *

QUOTE(904svo @ Mar 15 2010, 04:37 PM) *

Click to view attachment

What is going to trigger the plugs? Both at the same time, or 1 normal and 1 set up for waste spark? What is the inspiration for this experiment... huge compression, turbo, Nitrous.... just to say you have them?

Are you welding up the stock holes and switching to newer, motorcycle style plugs with very small threads to keep hot spots and protrusions in the combustion chamber to a minimum?

From an engineering standpoint just a couple general questions...

Good Luck!

I configure my Megasquirt to use the twin plug Maza setup, these are going to be the test heads for my turbo. I'm planing to use Motorcycle plug on the bottom and
keep the top set stock.
agentblr
KEWL!! popcorn[1].gif
904svo
QUOTE(agentblr @ Mar 15 2010, 04:55 PM) *

Looking at a bare casting right now...... looks like you would run into severe clearance issues if you try to machine the plug holes on the bottom (exhaust side) of the head. The push rod tubes are right in the way! You could machine the holes in at 45 degree angle to the existing plugs(top side) but you would have relocate the CHT bung if you were using D-jet ( I assume this is not the case) I think it is totally doable. I think you will have to add material wherever you put the 2nd plug,They just did not leave much meat in these castings. I am using a 2.0 head for reference.

The heads have to be heli arc up where the plugs are going there is not enough
metal there, this will also pull the heat away. The one plug goes between the
tubes the other clears with no problems.
SirAndy
QUOTE(904svo @ Mar 15 2010, 05:41 PM) *

The heads have to be heli arc up where the plugs are going there is not enough
metal there, this will also pull the heat away. The one plug goes between the
tubes the other clears with no problems.

Let's see the other side!

cheer.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.