Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I drove my car yesterday-and it was GREAT!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
No need to respond, we had an unseasonably warm (record High ) 64ยบ yesterday
and the roads were pretty dry so i did it....... and it is still officially Winter and there is still some snow and snow banks left on the ground at-least for a few more days.....then it will be piratenanner.gif Spring driving.gif
pete-stevers
Gud on you!!! piratenanner.gif
I hope you get to enjoy your project for the better part of this summer....
mine always seems to break down about a week before the hot weather....
EdwardBlume
71 deg. here in Pleasanton... I cracked my garage open to let the cold air out...
ConeDodger
I remember those days Chappy! Now button her back down and get ready for that one last late March snow storm! biggrin.gif
oldschool
80 today aktion035.gif I also took my car for a ride, this 2nd owner 914 hasn't been driven in 2 years aktion035.gif

sorry the photo was from yesterday rolleyes.gif (cloudy)
rick 918-S
The Alien is sitting in the driveway right now. I chopped the ice bank out from infront of the garage door and fired her up! Can't drive it because I still have a hurt transaxle. But at least it's out of the garage! aktion035.gif
dw914er
great weather means time to take the 914 out. I drove mine up to san luis obispo for finals week just cause it needed some california coast sun smile.gif
john grier
My 914's are still in storage till the end of the month.
Been cold and wet and a lot of salt on the roads this year.
The 911sc is loose and I plan on driveing it Fri and Sat.
Just not the same.
But still I will at least be driveing for a change driving.gif w00t.gif
underthetire
Not to poke.gif but i drove mine to work all but friday last week, and everyday again since sat.
shoguneagle
How lucky you are!!! My 914 is down off jack stands and only sees the outside when I open the garage door. It does not like the snow on the ground - about three feet in the front yard. Have to spend the next two days on the dash wiring and then to the front head lights.

Another two days on the connections/changes I need to make while it is still warm during the day. Then we go for a break-in start: oil, pressure feed engine, turn over by hand for several days, starter rotation turn over, double check every thing from stem to stern, and hot start and run-in. After the foregoing, the upholstery and finish the seals. Will paint later after check down runs.

It is close but cannot drive as you other lucky fellows. Enjoy!!!

Steve Hurt
iamchappy
When our cars come out of Winter hibernation it makes it all the more special when we finally get to drive them again. I plan on driving it again soon, maybe even tomorrow.
Frost
I finally got mines off of jack stands yesterday and took it for a late night stroll, luckily we don't get snow like you guys do.
nsr-jamie
Get some pictures too while you are at it or even some short video clips biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
Mid 50's yesterday around here. Certainly nice enough to go drive a 914! driving.gif

Today however, it is peeeeeeeeeeeeeseeeeen down rain at the moment. sad.gif
zymurgist
Supposed to hit the 70s this weekend. I think I'll drive the tail dragger to my motorcycle class.
Phoenix-MN
Teener or AssDragger - AssDragger or Teener, decisions - decisions. Which one to take out first. confused24.gif driving.gif

Click to view attachment
DipShit
I drove the 914 Monday and the 911 Tuesday. Will leave them in the Stable today as the Irish start early in this railroad town. And I'm one of them!
oldschool
headbang.gif only my 914 is running,but maybe this summer the 911 will get a transplant aktion035.gif
iamchappy
I have been driving it almost everyday since it turned Spring, here are some pictures of my car out of hibernation. Notice the tiny pile of snow, that is all that's left in my yard. piratenanner.gif
iamchappy
QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Mar 17 2010, 10:46 AM) *

Teener or AssDragger - AssDragger or Teener, decisions - decisions. Which one to take out first. confused24.gif driving.gif

Click to view attachment

The one with a windshield happy11.gif
'73-914kid
You could just move to California...I drive my teener every day to and from school, and every time I fire her up in the morning, the sound of the supertrapp sends chills down my spine.

It may make it more special when they come out of hibernation, but driving it every day, I still feel like I do the day I first took her around the block..
tdiddy
Paul, its nice to see your car on the ground!!

And damn you Chappy! Until I read your post I was just happy that I was able to work on the Teener with the garage door open!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.