Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Took a couple drives today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
Lately I have been busy enough that if I drove the 914 it was to go to work or move it to get to something else. I have done a lot of work (with help from jcd914 and McMark) on the djet system. I have to say it... My gosh this thing runs nice now. A little bitchy when cold because of the disconnected cold start injector and probably a sticky AAR but once she warms up Oooo La La!!!

Jim you better get your car ready 'cause your motor sure is!
EdwardBlume
Where are you filling gas up these days? av-943.gif boom.gif blowup.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RobW @ Mar 15 2010, 10:47 PM) *

My guess would be the gas station like most everybody else! lol-2.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RobW @ Mar 15 2010, 07:47 PM) *

blink.gif lol-2.gif I have been so fuchin' paranoid about gas that I ALWAYS go to Chevron. Just did in fact on the last drive of the day before putting her away. Gotta get her cleaned up for the reunion and the autocross this weekend.

By the way, I will be starting the rebuild of my motor soon. 2.4 liters this time. Going SDS efi with crank fire.
biosurfer1
if you want, I can bring the AAR from my 1.7 on Saturday. I cleaned it up and checked it when I was running it and should be good to go.

p.s. i also drove my car today...finally:) still needs tuning but at least its moving
ConeDodger
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Mar 15 2010, 07:50 PM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Mar 15 2010, 10:47 PM) *

My guess would be the gas station like most everybody else! lol-2.gif

Shoe, I blew up a Raby kit 2270 with a load of bad no-name station gas. Then, siphoned it out because I didn't realize it was bad and blew up my chipper and my lawn mower. Rob is just being an asshat... This is for him BTW. wink.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Mar 15 2010, 07:58 PM) *

if you want, I can bring the AAR from my 1.7 on Saturday. I cleaned it up and checked it when I was running it and should be good to go.

p.s. i also drove my car today...finally:) still needs tuning but at least its moving

Thanks for the offer Brett... Jim probably has a few of them too. Are you done with my brake bleeder? I need to do the 4Runner soon... And drain and flush the cooling system and change the transmission fluid and yada yada yada...
EdwardBlume
agree.gif I totally deserve that...

I'll buy you a beer or a donut next time I see you, whichever comes first.... beer3.gif

ConeDodger
QUOTE(RobW @ Mar 15 2010, 08:07 PM) *

agree.gif I totally deserve that...

I'll buy you a beer or a donut next time I see you, whichever comes first.... beer3.gif

Ahhh! I wuv you Rob!!! wub.gif
ConeDodger
Nuther pic... Pre-5 lug suspension
Ian Stott
Funny how a topic seems to pop up, I was talking to a guy just the other day that works for ESSO which is the Canadian sub of EXXON in case some of you didn't know and he was telling me the differences in fuel quality based on the additives/formula and he said the best gas around (for where I live) was Shell. Since I travel to the USA with my own cars in the warmer months which gas should I be buying??

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
EdwardBlume
If you come anywhere near CA, its all bad. We have "special" fuel which has less emissions but gives you crappier mileage (which offsets the benefit), and it costs more money to refine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.