Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tampa Swap Meet pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
The Suncoast Region of PCA had thier yearly swap meet at Dave White Racing yesterday. Several cool cars showed up: a new GT3, a GTO Judge, Ferrari TR, and two very nice 914's. Plus members Roy (Rouser) and Steve (dwg914).

Pictured here is Mark Larson's '73 with +/- 53,000 miles on the clock. He drives it everyday to work. He is a morning radio talk show host in the Tampa area.
URY914
This is a former Excellance feature car (sorry, don't know the issue) Converted '72 3.6. The car was only there for a few minutes. Very BLACK. the owner is the tall guy in the middle, Mark is on the left.
URY914
mmm
URY914
cc
URY914
He made this cover for the tank area. Looked good but why leave in the charcoal cannister on top of the tank?
Bleyseng
Where is Karls car???
Qarl
I moved it (or the parts at least) to a storage unit today so I can get them out of the house while I try and sell it (the house).

Car body is ?????

Engine is at Zotz as well as the tranny....

The rest is scattered about in my garage.

The car will have to be reassembled in the new house in a couple of months...
Qarl
Karl's garage (no wife stuff here!)
URY914
in a couple of months...

laugh.gif w00t.gif laugh.gif w00t.gif
Bleyseng
shoot! famous last words!!!
Haha How many times have I heard that one.... laugh.gif

Ok, your life is complicated but still say maybe during the next year.

Maybe I should come down and help.

Geoff
Rouser
The car was only there for a few minutes.

Damn ... I got there too late to see that one. Pity ...

The GT3 was ... well ... a GT3; nothing else special about it. Later on, a Viper shows up painted/detailed/riced to look like it crawled right out of the set of "Three Fast and Three Furious ... Um ... Part III." Guess he had a lot of $$$ to burn on APC products; I should've grabbed my digi-cam, but my retinas got bleached.

Wish Steve had brought his woodie-inducing beige 914; now THAT would've gotten my complete attention!
smg914
Yeah, I should have brought the Sahara Beige 914 but I have visions of finding so much 914 stuff that I needed to bring my Jeep to fill up the back. I did find a few odds and end but nothing worth mentioning.

It was great meeting ROUSER and spending time with PAUL and ROUSER talking about 914's. There was a few other serioius 914 dudes in attendance. The guy "JOE COUREY" with the GTO Judge recently bought the Pheonix Red '74 2 liter with 22,000 miles that was in the club classifieds a month or two ago. The car was in California and now it lives in Clearwater FL. Also Rob Quarles from St. Petersburg was there. He has had many very nice 914's over the years (including an olympic blue turbo).

I thought the swap meet was a success. We plan on finding ways to make it bigger every year. Long term we want it to become a major event. Starting next year it will always be held the week after the 24 Hours of Daytona.

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.