Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rodeo Time
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jaymann
After 10 1/2 Years of loyal service,they sold us like a used car.So now its rodeo time,tie yourself down to something, and try to hold on to your job,with the new owners.Is this the change we can believe in???Jaymann
ericread
Happens all the time. The company I work for has been sold three times in the past five years.

I often can be heard chanting "change is good".

Maybe someday I'll really believe it... lol3.gif

Eric
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Jaymann @ Mar 16 2010, 12:53 PM) *

Is this the change we can believe in?

Ya gotta have hope...
Katmanken
Hope got sold for her organs.

Need a kidney?
montoya 73 2.0
I previously worked for two employers that were privately owned and when they sold to Corporate I left. I didn't leave immediately but after seeing management leave I figured "if the rats are bailing off the ship, I should follow there lead"! In hind sight it worked out cause both were eventually pieced out and no longer exist.

Just my .02 worth!
Katmanken
Size up the new owners and be looking. That way you are covered no matter what.

I went through that with the inept Memorex team. If they start selling the assets and leasing them back, run away. Memorex looted a 1.3 Billion/ year company of every asset, floated a ton of credit, and went through bankrupcy three times.

Of course the Memorex Managers got all the cash before the creditors.
charliew
Good luck to those over 55 looking for something new and good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.