Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: webasto gas heater manual
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
I just picked up a basket case unit....supposed to be all there.... blink.gif

Need a parts list, manual and/or pics of installs.....came out of a 912.
1968Cayman
I have everything you'd need in my 65-71 ws manual but can't for the life of me figure out how to chop pages from a PDF.

Joe Bob
Thanks....I was sent a PDF file that I am going to print out.....

do these mount in the engine bay or what?

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/gary2a/r...bbw46/bbw46.pdf
1968Cayman
Smuggler's box in a 911. Not sure about the 914.
IronHillRestorations
Yea, my 68' 911L has one in the smuggler's hatch.
Joe Bob
Perry, could you post some pics?
Katmanken
Z,

Most of the ones that I have seen were mounted in the front trunk area. In that location they suck gas from the fuel tank and blow heat into the ventilation system..

Ask Andy, I think he had one in one of his cars.

Or, go online to the Samba or shoptalkforums and search for gas heater posts. I know there are a few threads.

Hope that helps,

Ken
Joe Bob
Do they "suck" or have a seperate fuel pump?
Katmanken
Look around page 805 in yer manual.

I see notes on connecting to the return line of a high pressure fuel injector system, connecting to the gas line on a carbed engine between the tank and pump, and a picture of a tap that dips down into the gas tank.

What you do depends on whether you have EFI or carbs, and on whether you got a pump with that box-o-parts.
Katmanken
Hmmmm,

That manual shows a circulation pump on page 202 so you can tap into the liquid in the heating system. blink.gif

Hope it's a wrong manual or you might need a water cooled engine to go with the circulation pump.
JeffBowlsby
flag.gif
Joe Bob
Thanks Jeff...I googled dealers and found a place in Sparks NV that I called.....the gal answered, Webasto makes heaters for Porsches?????

Got the parts guy and he's gonna call them and see what up.
Shade Tree
I looked for more Webasto parts in the warehouse at lunch but no cigar. Checked all of the cars on the lot for bumper shocks as well. Milt helped me look through the warehouse for shocks too. Nothing yet. Milt will keep looking. The shop owner wasn't there to help point out areas to search. I did find 4 more 914 front trunk lids and 3 more engine lids, though. Oh, and a GC case, most of the internals for an unidentified type4 engine and 2 more upper dash pads. So I guess the trip wasn't a total loss. shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.