Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring Help Needed - Side Marker Light Delete
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
I'm having a tough time understanding the current flow diagram for the '74 and need a little help.

I've removed my side marker lights and would like to pull the wires that use to feed the marker lights if possible. I can't really tell but it looks like the hot wire also feeds the parking light. Can someone confirm? Are the two spliced back somewhere in the harness or is that connection in the parking light?

Kev

I'd like it to be this clean...photo courtesy E. Shea

Click to view attachment
76-914
QUOTE(kconway @ Mar 16 2010, 08:13 PM) *

I'm having a tough time understanding the current flow diagram for the '74 and need a little help.

I've removed my side marker lights and would like to pull the wires that use to feed the marker lights if possible. I can't really tell but it looks like the hot wire also feeds the parking light. Can someone confirm? Are the two spliced back somewhere in the harness or is that connection in the parking light?

Kev

I'd like it to be this clean...photo courtesy E. Shea

Click to view attachment

You have 2 hots to the bucket. One is for turn signal and the other is for the parking lamp. There is a 3rd wire for the side marker lamp. Side marker wire colors should be GY/BK for the left side lamp/left parking lite........ and GY/RD for the right side, ditto. Left frt turn wire should be BK/WH.........and BK/GR for the right side. Hope this helps
kconway
So do the GY/BK and the GY/RD from the side marker lights go all the way back to the fuse block?
jt914-6
You can go here and use the '73 wiring diagram to follow the wiring....
http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/914_electrical_diagrams.htm
kconway
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Mar 17 2010, 03:04 AM) *

You can go here and use the '73 wiring diagram to follow the wiring....
http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/914_electrical_diagrams.htm

Great idea, thanks. I guess I should have figured the '73 and '74 didn't change much in the wiring for the lights.

So, if I understand it correctly, both wires to the side marker lights can be removed or cut and shrink sleeved without effecting the running lights. It appears the turn signal bucket has a dedicated ground for both directional signal and running light?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.