Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Rear Swing Arm Bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I saw this on Ebay and picked up a set. Each kit contained 2 RUBBER bushings and a new shaft. There were no instructions with the kit. Just for grins I tried to put the bushing on the shaft and it was very tight. I wonder if you have to heat these like the Europarts front replacement ones. Seller had no instructions about these parts. Cost was $55 shipped.
BIGKAT_83
I got the same thing. Planned to use just the shafts with new delrin bushings. Got mine Monday and noticed that the shipping address was less than 10 miles from my home.
Also went to Ebay to add good feedback and the auction was flagged WTF.gif

Bob
bandjoey
Another curious minds just want to know:
Why replace the shaft? If the bushings are not totally worn out, where would the shaft wear? Or is it just the money thing. bushings and shaft for the cost fo bushings? idea.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Mar 17 2010, 12:07 PM) *

Another curious minds just want to know:
Why replace the shaft? If the bushings are not totally worn out, where would the shaft wear? Or is it just the money thing. bushings and shaft for the cost fo bushings? idea.gif

That's not a new shaft, just a replated stock unit I bet.
The shafts don't wear out they rust out. In the Northeast they are all usually NFG when removed. That's just one of the reasons I started offering relacement shafts, with oem style mounting studs (not drilled and tapped for bolts).
IMO, those shafts in the auction aren't true enough for Delrin bushings.
kconway
Mark,
I bought the Elephant Racing rubber bushings that come with installation tools. I can send you the tools if you need them. Not much too it, just gotta lube everything up real good with liquid soap and use a heavy duty pipe clamp. As I recall you insert the bushings in the trailing arm and then push shafts through them. The tools keep the bushing from pushing out. Might want to look at the ER website, they might have the instructions, I dumped my instructions.

Kev
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.