Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will these wheels fit? Flat 4 fuchs.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
WoodOne337
I am possibly looking at converting my car to five lug and was wondering if these wheels will fit (15x5.5 versions)? The tires are 195/65-15 and the car is a narrow body 74 914. I am not sure if it makes a difference, but I plan to convert to five lug by having the front and rear discs re-drilled to the 5x130 pattern. Thanks and please let me know what you think.

Scott

http://www.vwparts.net/CB4812.html

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?Pr...de=ACC-C10-6601

I believe these are the same wheel, just different vendors.
Jeffs9146
confused24.gif

Why spend $425 each for aftermarket rims when you can get just about any original 911 rim for less than that and you could bump it up to 16's!

OK I just noticed the second ones are only $200 each but even that is a bit pricy for non-OEM!
bandjoey
On the 2nd link they list 4.5" and 5.5" backspace. I don't know which one fits your car but I'm sure someone experience will jump in. That's really important to know.

Also check http://www.autoatlanta.org/results.lasso

$182 for 4, 5, and 6" Fuch repos. I'd also rely on them for giving you the right size/backspace for your car before a vw shop. Just call to be sure they're in stock and able to ship before ponying up the cash.

tat2dphreak
yea, I wouldn't get repos, imo, man. originals are available and probably better, for same or less... and if you really want to go hog wild, you can get Al Reed to refinish them... smile.gif

there's actually a sweet deal on Boxster rims(same ones I'm going to be going to) in the classifieds(not affiliated). and Wes and I already have the formula for what spacers they will need smile.gif 8mm in the rear, and 22mm (from a 944, rear) for the front.

edit, also just thought of this... Wes told me how nice and original your car was, are you sure you want to go 5 lug? I mean it's noting irreversible... but something to think about... smile.gif
WoodOne337
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Mar 17 2010, 12:41 PM) *

yea, I wouldn't get repos, imo, man. originals are available and probably better, for same or less... and if you really want to go hog wild, you can get Al Reed to refinish them... smile.gif

there's actually a sweet deal on Boxster rims(same ones I'm going to be going to) in the classifieds(not affiliated). and Wes and I already have the formula for what spacers they will need smile.gif 8mm in the rear, and 22mm (from a 944, rear) for the front.

edit, also just thought of this... Wes told me how nice and original your car was, are you sure you want to go 5 lug? I mean it's noting irreversible... but something to think about... smile.gif

Well, if I don't go five lug then I am just going to get the factory wheels (Mahle) refinished. I actually have a set that I just received from Al Reed, but I do not like them as well as I thought I would. I had the lips and spokes polished and then the rest the factory silver. I think I like the all silver better. Does anyone do wheel refinishing in the Dallas area?

Scott
tat2dphreak
I'm not sure, but now I'm curious.

I know some of the locals that had their wheels refinished, and they sent them to Al.
WoodOne337
I found a shop in Dallas that does powder coating, Does anyone know if it would work to have a set of Mahles powder coated?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.