Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm about to change my windshield
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
ConeDodger
Should I take a picture of it for you guys? Any way to take it off and transfer it to another windshield?
tod914
Maybe with a blow dryer and slowly peel it off?
jonferns
Rob, is it a sticker or printed onto the windshield?
tod914
Rob if you can peel it off, maybe take it to a label shop and have it reproduced. I had the pdf all set up for that, and the start engine label till my friend wiped out my drive :S.
Pat Garvey
OK, I'm more than a little confused!
My 72 has only the "original" PCA decal in the right corner of the windshield, from when I joined in mid-73. I've NEVER removed a sticker from anywhere, but I don't have a VW sticker on the windshield. Never did.

So, clarify this for me, please. Was this a later 914 thing?

See, you never stop learning!
Pat
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Mar 17 2010, 04:47 PM) *

OK, I'm more than a little confused!
My 72 has only the "original" PCA decal in the right corner of the windshield, from when I joined in mid-73. I've NEVER removed a sticker from anywhere, but I don't have a VW sticker on the windshield. Never did.

So, clarify this for me, please. Was this a later 914 thing?

See, you never stop learning!
Pat

Might be a late thing. Mine is a '75...
tod914
Cali thing I think Rob, if were are thinking of the same one. I'll double check tomorrow and post a shot. Mine is partially missing, which was why I was trying to have it reproduced.
ConeDodger
I have my Superman suit on for another day yet so no pictures until Friday at the earliest.
tod914
Rob was going through some old pictures. Think this was from an Ebay car. The larger sticker is the Cali one I was refering to.

Click to view attachment
Millerwelds
I've got one on my Cali 74.
JeffBowlsby
California emissions sticker. CA only. See examples from different several years on my webpage for anyone interested.

biggrin.gif

tod914
Jeff was poking around on your site, great info. Thanks.
ConeDodger
Well there you go! I didn't actually read the small print on the sticker - only saw the VW emblem. That is the one...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.