Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 liter throttle body gasket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scoobykvn
Where can I buy a 1.7 liter throttle body gasket?
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(scoobykvn @ Mar 17 2010, 05:01 PM) *

Used is what you're gonna find. I probably have one ..............

The Cap'n
McMark
I talked with Mark @ 914 Rubber about making some and I have a sample to send him for reproduction. idea.gif I guess I better get that mailed out.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(scoobykvn @ Mar 17 2010, 06:01 PM) *

Our man Jerry is making them as I write this along with the 1.8 ones as well
McMark
Sweet!
Cap'n Krusty
Now that I think about it, I sent one to someone on one of the forums and their payment was to be some of the repros ..................... I hope YOU know who you are and hold up your end of the bargain! The Cap'n
saigon71
I just picked up some gasket material from the auto parts store and made one for my 2.0 D-jet...it works well.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Mar 19 2010, 08:31 PM) *

I just picked up some gasket material from the auto parts store and made one for my 2.0 D-jet...it works well.

You did the easy one. Making a seamless rubber cone out of flat paper gasket material is a bit more difficult .................................

The Cap'n
saigon71
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Mar 19 2010, 11:47 PM) *

QUOTE(saigon71 @ Mar 19 2010, 08:31 PM) *

You did the easy one. Making a seamless rubber cone out of flat paper gasket material is a bit more difficult .................................

The Cap'n

Ahh...yes, that would be a bit more challenging. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.