Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transport companies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixaddict
Shipped a car cross country...Used DAS (Mesquite TX) . Good deal and outstanding service...Heard stories of others but these folks were on top of it the whole way. No affiliation.
Terry
1988Hawk

I was scheduled with DAS but then learned that their door-to-door service involved a 30-mile tow truck ride to the shipping terminal. I rescheduled with Fed-Ex and was very happy with the results. They kept me informed regarding the whereabouts and seemingly took great care in loading/unloading.

Jim
Ferg
Just shipped a 911 non runner, enclosed from Philly to Denver, door to door for a thousand bucks, using Lamb Auto Transports. They are based here in Denver, 2nd time I've used them. Great luck with them so far, although I've read some bad reviews of them online, I can say I've been happy both times!

Ferg
tornik550
I used DAS to ship my 914 from San Diego to Ohio. They did a great job. I did not use door to door service.
quikshft
These guys did well for the buyer of two of my cars, one went to Georgia, the wagon below to Michigan. Granted, that isn't a Porsche. blink.gif

IPB Image
rick 918-S
Don't use me..... sad2.gif
tod914
Bad experience with DAS; 7K worth of damage bad. Great experiences with Intercity.
sixaddict
Somehow I knew my experience may not mirror that of others.
Fedex was going to be 2200 (most expensive) DAS was 1200 ....Enclosed virtually coast to coast. 7K damage was that open or closed ...Bad deal.....did they make you whole ?
Also Fedex rates or intercity may be justified for a worthy car.......Mine was ok buy not high value relative to porsche word.
I have heard stories when brokers are involved instead of actual transporter.
Door to door meant rollback showed up at either end ..Didn't see that as issue but could be for some.
Just passing along my experience.
TOT

QUOTE(tod914 @ Mar 18 2010, 09:06 PM) *

Bad experience with DAS; 7K worth of damage bad. Great experiences with Intercity.

tod914
I paid for enclosed, but I doubt that's the way they shipped it. The car was picked up on a small flat bed very proffessionally from Los Ang. to be loaded onto a carrier. Was spotless when it left. Arrived in NJ covered in dirt and mud. Rear trunk full of water. Both chrome bumpers damaged, including the rubber caps. Rear lenses scuffed, one cracked. Undercarrage damage from tow hooks, dents, etc. They were very difficult to deal with for the repairs. They insisted I used their shop. I think they offered a $1200 check if I didn't want to go there. That was back in 2000. To avoid getting a lawyer involved, I put in a claim with my own insurance company and they subjegated them. I was probally one in a thousand that happens too, but I'll never give them another opportunity.
My last teener was shipped by Intercity coast to coast, enclosed for about $1100.00 if I recall. They were running a special. I used them one time prior and was very pleased with their service.
ConeDodger
Someone who purchased a car from me used Iron horse or something like that. They picked it up from the end of my driveway in an enclosed trailer and dropped it in New Jersey at a shipping yard to be boated to Norway. I guess there were no problems other than the buyer not being able to unlock the doors when it got there. huh.gif I had never bothered locking them! Didn't know!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.