Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Two Steps Up...One Step Back
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Vysoc
Hello,

Thursdays are my days to work on the car. Today we buttoned up all the vacuum hoses. Changed transmission/gear oil, fixed several wiring gremlins to the rear lights and installed rear bumper. We also reinstalled Engine lid and trunk lid, during final adjustment to the rear trunk lid the pivot point let go where it is mounted to the side of the chassis behind and above the battery.

The PO supplied me with the part so I was aware this was an issue but did not think it would let go.

By removing the battery and covering everything else up, is there enough room to weld the new piece back in. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice for this fix.
Rust is not an issue all, I am just not sure there is enough room to get the new pivot properly secured?

Thanks,

Vysoc unsure.gif

TheCabinetmaker
Yes. You can do it. Gotta stand on your head inside the engine bay, but it can be done. A fresh break should give you a good line to get the new one ligned up properly.
McMark
cool.gif
jonferns
Hey Mark, is that Roadglue's car?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.