Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suggestions for Fuel Injection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
What are my options for a fuel injection system for my track only car? The car will never see the street again and the engine is a purpose built race motor.

It is a 2.7 L 6 cylinder, 10.5:1 compression, head work, cam, recurved disty, MSD 6AL ignition with adjustable rev limiter, triple throat carbs.

See my post on diagnostic help for carbs for the reason I'm asking.... laugh.gif

Thanks,

Bill P.
Brad Roberts
3.2 upper intake all the way with laptop programmable injection. Pick your poison. Lots of good systems out there.

B
ChrisReale
Greg Fordahl has a 2.8 with Motec (not his car, but he drives the shit out of it). That car smokes
Brad Roberts
The carbs would almost pay for a TECIII brain new in the box. Hopefully you didnt yank your return line.

B
seanery
when I first started the bluecar project Richard Clewett gave me a ballpark of 3k for everything. If you already have manifolds, those can be reused as well as some other items. If you can recoup 1500 or so with your carbs, it seems like a good deal, and you get spark management as well.
Qarl
On the Pelican Parts 911 board here is a turnkey FI kit using the Megasquirt injection system.

You do need the stuff for CIS injection (manifolds, airbox, and throttle body), but that can be had for cheap.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....threadid=139422
seanery
Brad & I discussed this for a -4 once, and I think I remember hearing that the frequency of the Megasquirt isn't either fast enough or consistent enough for a race car. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, or fill in with proper info.
Qarl
confused24.gif
Mark Henry
Of course I like the SDS system. wink.gif

A complete /6 system with crankfire (or a MSD trigger for a bit less coin) can be had for under 2K. You still need the TB’s, manifolds injectors, pump etc. Dual plug, turbo or N/A. There’s a couple of 911’s on the project page and I’ve added a sample map of a 3.2 N/A for you.

www.sdsefi.com
It also has links to the other systems on the site.

What I’ve been told is if your going to race Megasquirt may not be for you. Many feel the fuel and spark tables are a little too small for extreme set-ups. They are a 8x8 matrix, and I believe SDS is a 16x16.
nine14cats
Thanks for all the input and keep it coming. I'll probably stop by HPH at lunch today and talk over some options.

If I could have, I would have gone injection from the get go, but I fell into the race motor that alreay had the carbs as part of it. And when the carbs are dialied in, the motor rocks! aktion035.gif

The problem is something with the fuel delivery and tonight after work I'll start opening things up to take a look see....but I do have to fiddle with the carbs quite a bit and I think I want to go FI.

Let's see....my list of projects to work on the race car that I've already said I won't change is:

1. FI
2. WEVO 915
3. Mueller's roller bearings
4. 930 brakes

geez....I'm such an addict.... barf.gif

laugh.gif

Bill P.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.