Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Torque spec for oil cooler nut
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
type47
small nut that clamps the oil cooler to the case. Workshop manual 24.1-2/2 identifies nut as M 6 qty: 2. Workshop manual 0.3-1/2 which is a page of tightening torques does not list one for the oil cooler nuts. Could you tell me the torque spec?
agentblr
Pretty sure it is 7ftlbs.
Shade Tree
I thought it was eleven confused24.gif
McMark
Good-n-Tite! These are small fasteners, so they won't take a lot. 7lbs is fine. But just 'eyeballing' it is fine too. It's more about keeping the fasteners from loosening than actually clamping the cooler.

11 is probably too high. M8 fasteners only go to 14 mostly.
ME733
............AND ....I squrt Blue Silicone Glue in your general direction, ....while trying to get some on the outside of the seals and crummy POS paper gasket......before torquing with an inch # torque wrench :to ...10 ft lbs.
McMark
Paper gasket? blink.gif Blue Silicone? icon8.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 19 2010, 07:45 PM) *

It is always good to get some of that in the oil passages too blink.gif
ME733
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 20 2010, 12:05 AM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 19 2010, 07:45 PM) *

It is always good to get some of that in the oil passages too blink.gif

.................WELL to bad you cant read.Try reading my post again., the blue rtv silicone engine sealer goes on the OUTSIDE of the oil cooler seals....and the paper gasket goes between the engine case and the oil filter mount....that should have some sealer on both sides....But in YOUR particular case, with apparently and OBVIOUSLY your lack of experience, finese, and common sense YOU should NOT use any sealer for the reason you stated....YOU... will get it into the oil passages when the mount , or cooler is torqued down...............murray
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.