Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Name that cable.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cheapsnake
I'm just about done rewiring for my V8 conversion and there's one cable I can't for the life of me figure out. it starts at the front trunk with,a threaded female connector about 1/2" diameter and runs under the car to the engine compartment. from there, I'm stymied because it was cut off before it got to its destination. The cable itself is about 3/16" diameter. I checked the Haynes manual and no mention of it. Any ideas?

Tom
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cheapsnake @ Mar 19 2010, 05:08 PM) *

Any ideas?

DAPO

Not stock ...
shades.gif Andy
Cheapsnake
That's what I would have thought, but it actually looks very well done vs. all the other sh*t the DAPO did. No matter, it's coming out.

Tom
type47
QUOTE(Cheapsnake @ Mar 19 2010, 04:08 PM) *

... runs under the car to the engine compartment.

add-on
qa1142
914 911 091 10 "wire pull" per PET

housing is separate

Why?
Cheapsnake
QUOTE(qa1142 @ Mar 21 2010, 06:11 AM) *

914 911 091 10 "wire pull" per PET

housing is separate

Why?

Translation?
Mike Bellis
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Cheapsnake
OK, I finally got a pic of the darn thing. It really does look like a factory install, not a hack job. The cable runs along the bottom of the pan and is very nicely done, ends at the firewall where it was simply chopped off.

Click to view attachment

At this point I'm just curious as to what it's for since I can't imagine what I'd hook it up to. Any thoughts? Guesses are good too.

Tom
GeorgeRud
Kind of looks like a speedo cable. Don't know why it would be in the front steering box area.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cheapsnake @ Apr 5 2010, 05:52 PM) *

It really does look like a factory install

Nope. biggrin.gif

It really does look like something that shouldn't be there ...
shades.gif Andy
Krank
Could it have been the OEM speedo cable just re-routed thru another floor opening instead of the front firewall? Seems awfully familiar to the cable I just yanked out.
How about some pics of how that V8 sits in there?
Mike Bellis
Also looks like it could be a CB antenna cable. Looks to short to be a VW speedo cable. It would need to go to the front hub. Either way, it should not be on a 914.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.