Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche fun at Sebring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bcheney
I went to Sebring today with a good friend in his 2005 Speed Yellow 997. We saw and sat in the first Boxster Spyder to be imported into the USA by Porsche at the Porsche Platz hosted by PCA and PCNA. We also saw TC (Carr914) while he was at work with Skip Barber Racing (no pictures of TC). Here are a few pics for your enjoyment. It was an awesome day in Florida
bcheney
More
bcheney
This is my buddy Christopher piloting us around Sebring during PCA parade laps...we had a blast

bcheney
I believe this is entering turn 16 which leads onto the back stretch before the final turn that brings you to the main straight

bcheney
GT3 Cup car
bcheney
Another GT3 Cup car
bcheney
And finally....I introduce Sebring's finest Party Transporter with an outstanding spectator deck overlooking the famous hairpin..."The Rump, Taj Mahallic" !!
vintage914racer
I, too, was at Sebring today and agree that the weather was beautiful.

I also agree that the Taj Mahallic is quite the party venue.
bcheney
Here's another cool shot...this is our Friend Nort Northam's toys...a beautiful Speedster and his beloved "Bean" 911 racer. He is a great guy who has been a tremendous friend to many Porsche enthusiasts in the Central Florida-Orlando area and all around the USA for many years. He did well in today's SVRA races with the "Bean".
jcambo7
Thanks for the great pics! drunk.gif
URY914
Looks like fun. biggrin.gif
carr914
QUOTE(bcheney @ Mar 19 2010, 09:49 PM) *

I believe this is entering turn 16 which leads onto the back stretch before the final turn that brings you to the main straight

That is the approach to Turn 15. The sweeper (Bishop's Bend) that you just went through is a scary place in a Teener at full-tilt with no rear wing.

T.C.
bcheney
Thanks for clearing that up TC! It was good seeing you there. I didn't get any pics of the 914 Spyder that ran in Nort's SVRA group...did you? It was good looking little ride...although I wasn't sure about how the roll cage was set up...didn't see it in the paddock.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.