Seems like this can only happen to me. So I have my transaxle resting on the workbench. I removed most of the oil and replaced the side shifter gear selector shaft seal. For some reason or another I rotated the transaxle so that the selector shaft was now resting on the "bottom", and that little bit of oil left in the case had collected around the shaft area. It was left this way for many days. When I finally got back to it, I noticed a small pool of oil on the table, around the selector shaft area. I believe the oil came from the selector shaft/seal. I know that the transaxle normally would not sit in this position, ever; but is this an indication that there may be a problem with the seal and or shaft? I've since rotated the transaxle so it is in it's normal position, and there does not seem to be any more oil leaking, although the oil is no where near the seal/shaft area anymore.

What do you think? Was it leaking because of all the oil just sitting on the seal, or do I have a bigger issue to contend with? confused24.gif