Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Hood Badge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xperu
I am replaceing the old badge with a new one, the old has a broken pin and faded, my question is the gasket under the badge is the same contour as the badge, but the gasket seem to small and the badge does not fit inside the gasket ridge. Any suggestions? Mike
Joe Bob
They are all like that. Warm the gasket up in hot water or consider installing w/o it.

BTW, 914s did not come from the factory with badges....
xperu
QUOTE(Rico Suave @ Mar 21 2010, 12:44 PM) *

They are all like that. Warm the gasket up in hot water or consider installing w/o it.

BTW, 914s did not come from the factory with badges....

Thanks Rico, I'll try the hot water, I hadn't thout about not using the gasket good possibility. Yes I know the 914 didn't come with the badge, but I am filling the existing holes with the new badge. Thanks again Mike
McMark
Yup. PITA.
iamchappy
There are different size badges and gaskets, if you take yours to a dealer parts department they can get you the correct one for your size badge, i had the same problem and ripped a few even after warming them up because they were to small.
The badge will drop right into the correct one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.