Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: subby mount help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
firstknight13
this is not a progress thread just looking for info please......after 3-4 yrs i got the renegade mount out and since i got it on ebay and it didnt come with instructions. here it is....what are the 2 rectangle blocks with thread on one side and hole on the other my guess is some kind of offsett but where does it go ??? also i cut out my radiator hole and that plasma cutter is amazing. lead pencil thick cut you can run your hand over it and no ridges or abrasions..also what is this aluminum piece for and where does it go ?? thanks for your help guys.....ray
firstknight13
more pics
firstknight13
more
firstknight13
last
plymouth37
The blocks offset the tranny 1.5" forward, bolt the adapter cradle between the tranny's rubber mounts and the car, the blocks go between the rubber tranny mounts and the transaxle itself. Let me look at my car for the aluminum piece, I think it is the lower block off plate for the adapter plate but let me double check.

Edit: The aluminum piece bolts to the two threaded holes at the bottom of the subie engine right ahead of where the adapter plate bolts on, looks like a dust shield.

Feel free to PM me with any more questions, I am pretty familiar with this kit.
firstknight13
thank you doctor as this is your invention.... smilie_pokal.gif
plymouth37
No problem, I wonder who Renegade has building their stuff these days, I don't recognize those welds.
Dr Evil
Ooo, sacred pics of the forbidden mount! This ought to be interesting either way smile.gif popcorn[1].gif
firstknight13
thanks for your help...a few questions please........i have a 2.0 t jdm i int get an ecu with it do you know a source? also who did your wire harness and if it was you would you be interested in making 1 for me of course i would pay you!! did you use the stock fuel pump? do i have to shorten the oil sump with this set up? are there any other mods i have to do that i should be aware of? i am hoping to have this ready for hershey in april 24.....thanks, ray p.s you own the nicest 914 i have ever seen and keep up the good work
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.